Tango Lovers Take Note ... It's A Hit Again In Manhattan...

I think I won't take classes in my home country any more, simply because the level of teaching is much higher in Buenos Aires. If one is serious about dancing tango, he has to visit Buenos Aires once in a while. However this is only something you realise after you have experienced the difference. Naive tourists are easily satisfied.

I think it's a good idea to study only in BA. I've done that for 4 years because the local instructors where I lived "taught" complete rubbish. However, it's important to dance where you live regularly at milongas before returning to BA for another session of lessons. This is how people improve.

I don't see ANYONE who wants to learn anything he knows nothing above as naive! They deserve a pat on the back and a smile wherever they choose to start learning. Every one is unknowledgeable when we start to learn anything. It's important to build confidence in people to branch out, explore their curiosity without being called dumb or naive just because they're new to something and haven't made any contacts in that field. It's the job of people to encourage people to try new things so that we can all develop and fulfil our potential. There can be no tango or any kind of dance communty anywhere without dancers to dance with.

Every good social dancer and instructor in the world knows this. They live, dance and teach by it.

Back