Tango Practice Partner

I do not really want to dramatically change what this topic should be about, but what are good places to learn salsa in Buenos Aires? I am looking for qualified Colombians who could teach me salsa like it should be danced. Here in Europe, it just looks pathetic. I have been interested in learning the dance mostly because I have always enjoyed the music, but I don't like too much popularized, watered-down versions of the real thing.
Most Salsa dance instructors here in BA are Cubans, they dance very differently, even though people connect Salsa to Cuban/Puerto Rico immediately.
Cuban styles are more like enjoying the musci and less movement. LA/New York style (LA is a little different from NY style) is how people dance in the clubs of US and Europe and BsAs, this is the most fun style with cheoreograph. Like American young kids, BA young crowds love Salsa while tango is for the viejos. If you like to meet young people, Salsa club is one of the best places to meet someone. Columbian Salsa style is really not the cool way or popular way to dance Salsa, they jump fast up
and down like a chicken, with less cheoreograph.

Like American young kids, BA young crowds love Salsa while tango is for the viejos. If you like to meet young people, Salsa club is one of the best places to meet someone.

hmm... you're quite mistaken if you think young people don't dance tango. But it's a moot point, because I dance to dance, not to meet people.

By the way, Yogur Griego, I agree with him about salsa style. I would look for a Cuban teacher.

Most of the young Tango dancers I see in BA are pros or semi-pros, basically everyone can dance on the floor, while in Salsa clubs, many people do not have a clue, it is a place to hang out and dance.

Back