Tap Water

I've been living here for 6 years - the tap water is fine, though it is not that tasty. I used to buy those big blue jugs from companies that say they contain filtered water, but found that the taste is not that different from the tap. Now I boil water, place it in a large pitcher with a crystal, a magnet, and a few grains of cardomon and have the most delicious beverage that is oxydized and clean.

Make your own!

Water is fine to drink. I used to order bottles, but after a cost analysis, I realized I could save roughly 500 dollars a year if I drank from the tap. As long as you aren't staying in the slums of Riachuelo or the down market parts of Boca- assuming the majority of expats don't come to Argentina to live there - you won't get sick. For more about the Riachuelo situation, have a look here - http://www.irc.nl/page/46738

katti said:
The Argentines I know and who live in the center drink tap water. They are all very healthy.

Most Argentines I know smoke and eat too much steak and are anything but healthy:D Nothing to do with the water though.

Back