Tartan Day Parade

glasgowjohn

Registered
Buenos Aires will be celebrating the delights of Scotland on Saturday 5th April

http://colectividade...ra-escocia.html

Scotland is a lot more than kilts and bagpipes but this is a sort of homage to the people who did a lot who brought a lot to this wonderful city several years ago.

One day some bright guy in the city government will make sure we are listening to Deacon Blue , Del Amitri and even The Proclaimers instead of the pipes and drums.

Maybe we could convince the boys at Barrs Irn Bru to sponsor the day ............

1901853_646506725412535_247707041_n.jpg

If there will be haggis I am showing my face and filling it.

There isn't. There's a bunch of old Argentinian looking geezers drinking shite local whisky and marching about the place with some bagpipes with the Tolkien society and an Argy guy with Galacian bagpipes try and get in on the fun.....

I don't even think the British embassy bother to help / talk at it / care.

Compared to Russian / Chinese / Slovenian days i've been at here. Scotland day is a joke and not worth going to.

I did meet one nice "Scottish" Argentine family who basically said save yourself and go visit the pink house or Cabildo. So i did.

There's a bunch of old Argentinian looking geezers drinking shite local whisky and marching about the place with some bagpipes with the Tolkien society and an Argy guy with Galacian bagpipes try and get in on the fun.....

Compared to Russian / Chinese / Slovenian days i've been at here. Scotland day is a joke and not worth going to.

Maybe if your scottish and looking for a taste from home; I on the other hand find these event's to be a crack up. Last year I went to a "celtic music show" in the palacio de la legislatura porteña. Beautiful venue, gold leaf and red velvet everywhere, stunning. And up on stage, some guys dressed like Monty Python's knights of Camalot doing something that looked like a haka crossed with the orc rush scene from the second lord of the rings movie.

That was of course followed by some guy singing 'irish folk songs', of course since they were in english he tried to rapidly translate to spanish during the chorus.

Now I have to see if I kept the video.

Buenos Aires will be celebrating the delights of Scotland on Saturday 5th April

http://colectividade...ra-escocia.html

Scotland is a lot more than kilts and bagpipes but this is a sort of homage to the people who did a lot who brought a lot to this wonderful city several years ago.

One day some bright guy in the city government will make sure we are listening to Deacon Blue , Del Amitri and even The Proclaimers instead of the pipes and drums.

Maybe we could convince the boys at Barrs Irn Bru to sponsor the day ............

Maybe they could import Ian Rankin to write about it...

Back