Tartan Day Parade

reenacting the battle of Bannockburn might not be such a great idea though
it's like why not reenact the battle of Mount Tumbledown errrhmmm, how might that go down?
why reenact any war instead of just having a party. Is it a macho thing, will it atract the attention of the Argentines?
The organisers are not Scottish... right?

I smell a rat

Actually what I've never tried is rats, but I just assumed...

Before , I leave Bs As , my ambition is to get involved in the namagement of this and change the whole bloody day.

No bag pipes allowed

A homage to modern Scotland and life , music and culture in the 21st century

Sponsors . Barrs Irn Bru , Halls of Broxburn and greggs Sausage rolls ( ok greggs are not scottish but they are almost cousins....

Ed , Irn bru sells more than Coca Cola in the nicest wee country in tnhe world . When you try it , you will change your opinion

even the russians love it!

ru139505.jpg

They have Mirinda next to irn-bru! shocking

Full disclosure: I have indeed tried Irn-Bru: in Glasgow (ever so near to the source), but I did so the morning after a death-match between a bottle of Glenmorangie and my liver. Perhaps not exactly laboratory test conditions, but it sufficed to keep me away from the stuff ever since (the Irn Bru, not the whisky).

Maybe if your scottish and looking for a taste from home; I on the other hand find these event's to be a crack up. Last year I went to a "celtic music show" in the palacio de la legislatura porteña. Beautiful venue, gold leaf and red velvet everywhere, stunning. And up on stage, some guys dressed like Monty Python's knights of Camalot doing something that looked like a haka crossed with the orc rush scene from the second lord of the rings movie.

That was of course followed by some guy singing 'irish folk songs', of course since they were in english he tried to rapidly translate to spanish during the chorus.

Now I have to see if I kept the video.

Please excuse the terrible camera work.

http://goo.gl/aEnkx3

Full disclosure: I have indeed tried Irn-Bru: in Glasgow (ever so near to the source), but I did so the morning after a death-match between a bottle of Glenmorangie and my liver. Perhaps not exactly laboratory test conditions, but it sufficed to keep me away from the stuff ever since (the Irn Bru, not the whisky).

Was it out of a glass bottle? Was it the horrible "diet" stuff that really isn't irn-bru? I still doubt you've tried the proper stuff! :p

Back