Taxation Of Overseas Income For Argentinian Citizens.

Chaya:
Wow! All I can say is how lucky we are in the U.S.A. to have permanent residents earning bundles of $$$ who haven't been back to their country of citizenship (birth?) for 15 years and paying our taxes..The Aussies sure lost out on you ,or did they?
Drat! Stupid Argies and the airlines, they're going to miss out too on all your heavy spending cash "far above" the U$D 100K limit..
I wonder what your job is to earn all those big bucks and also how you are able to contort your lips around to be able to kiss yourself on the cheek so well.

Chaya:
Wow! All I can say is how lucky we are in the U.S.A. to have permanent residents earning bundles of $$$ who haven't been back to their country of citizenship (birth?) for 15 years and paying our taxes..The Aussies sure lost out on you ,or did they?
Drat! Stupid Argies and the airlines, they're going to miss out too on all your heavy spending cash "far above" the U$D 100K limit..
I wonder what your job is to earn all those big bucks and also how you are able to contort your lips around to be able to kiss yourself on the cheek so well.

Tax wise, it`s much more advantageous to be Canadian Resident Deemed Non-Resident.

USA non-residents are liable on World Income (ONLY 100K or so is exempt) .
Non-resident Canadians are obligated ONLY on Canadian earned Income. (non-Canadian World Income exempt .... sky is the limit ..
NOT A PENNY)

If I were in your situation, I`d get Canadian Residency Deemed Non-Resident Status and cross the bridge on foot to USA.
You will be much better off $$$$wise.
No comparison ... IMHO,

Replacing Australian taxes with USA taxes is changing a quarter for 25 cents..

Edit:
Now it seems to me that the OP wanted to JUST ONLY point out that there exist such things as Tax Treaties, Taxation, Double Taxation and Triple Taxation for people who don`t know. Nothing else.
I misunderstood, ... thought he was asking questions about how to minimize World Income Taxes using Residency Strategies to his advantage.
My bad.

khairyexpat:
I'm with you 100% and it's what I've been telling people in Latin America for years.Get to know what good is.
The new NYC is Toronto and the new California is Vancouver.

Chaya:

Why the vitriol?

Chaya:

Did I say or do something that offended you. Sorry. And yes the USA has gained a great deal from me. Apart from the workers I hire, the business I generate I do not nor ever have, taken $1 in welfare. Yeas I pay a lit of taxes in the United States and Australia did loose out in the deal.

Perhaps you don't like the idea of those North of the border coming and enjoying life here. Perhaps you don't like the fact that I contribute dollars into the economy while visiting.

Sorry for being successful. I do understand it upsets some people.

I agree with those posters who stated that expats should always consult an international tax professional. Disclaimer: I am neither and employee of the firm or utilize their services.USA and ARG have not signed a reciprocal tax treaty.

Website provides general info re 2015-16 Worldwide Personal Tax Guide....ARGENTINA.

http://www.ey.com/GL/en/Services/Tax/Worldwide-Personal-Tax-Guide---XMLQS?preview&XmlUrl=/ec1mages/taxguides/TGE-2014/TGE-AR.xm

The content is current on 1 July 2015, with exceptions noted.

Item G, no longer applicable. This exception has not yet been updated on website.

Item B.....Personal Assets Tax (Bienes Personales) Table exception amounts may be increased from $305K to $800K pesos per year for 2016 and subsequent years. Will become effective if and when the ARG Congress passes the proposed legislation next month.

http://www.ieco.clarin.com/economia/Cambios-anticipos-Bienes-Personales-Ganancias_0_1591640920.html

En otro punto, que abarca a todos los contribuyentes de Bienes Personales, se propone derogar el mínimo exento de $ 305.000, cambiándolo por un mínimo no imponible, que como sucedía hasta el año 2008 sólo hacía tributar por el monto excedente. Asimismo, se determina que no estarán alcanzados por Bienes Personales los bienes gravados cuyo valor en su conjunto resulten: 1) para el año 2016, iguales o inferiores de $ 800.000; 2) para el 2017, iguales o inferiores de $ 950.000 y para el año 2018, iguales o inferiores de $ 1.050.000.

Chaya:
You have not offended me at all.I am from up north myself, NYC,to be exact.If there is one thing most New Yorkers can not abide it is a blowhard and you seem to fit the definition to a "t".You can be all the successful you are able to be for all I care.However,I wouldn't flaunt it so loudly it's unbecoming to a intelligent person.Maybe if we're lucky.you'll tell us what your business is.perhaps,we can learn from your expertise.
TreverCito .
This is not vitriol .it's more like culture shock.I would think that the tall poppy syndrome was still an Australian thing-

I'm pretty sure if you are earning that much money, you should and would probably have (and use) an international tax attorney to advise you about these kind of things, not ask an internet board. If you don't, I'd recommend you get one.

PS - I'm also curious exactly why you would consider Argentine citizenship and on what grounds you think you would qualify since you don't live here?

enhanced-24148-1435026356-11.jpg

Common guys leave me out of it...

Back