Taxi between Palermo - Ezeiza

GuyinBA said:
Since we're on this thread, I figured I'd ask about heading out to Ezeiza on a Saturday morning (no shuttle buses run weekends, it seems) as I'm just gong out to pick up the parents and will come back, of course, in a taxi. What's the best way out there - 8 bus? Figured wont be much traffic on a Saturday AM so this might be best bet. If so, WHERE in Plaza de Mayo do you pick it up and how often does it run? Any other options? Gracias.

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/17653-bus-ezeiza.html

http://www.omnilineas.com.ar/colectivo/linea-8/

davonz said:
I paid 156 peso a week ago.. EZE to palermo.. not as cheap as 100, but i was tired and i guessed it had gone up since the 120 i paid a year ago so didnt seem to bad.. now i feel ripped off

Don't feel ripped off. It's what they are charging everyone, and I don't think most people bargain.

I think most taxi/remise companies charge a higher price for a return journey with a passenger...and they'll also charge a fee per hour for waiting and the cost of parking. The last time I did this, it was about 200-250 depending on the company.
If you're going to pick someone up and know what time they land, you should be fine (but don't forget to ask for an ida y vuelta when you book and ask how much they charge for "espera"...because this price will be higher than a simple pick up from Palermo and drop off in Ezeiza.
If you're going to pick up a package, I'd be tempted to take the shuttle service (there are threads about it on this forum)...because you have no idea how long you'll have to wait and could end up paying a fortune.

Hi. I'm local and my father is owner of two taxis, with a driver on each one.
The driver pays us in a flat daily basis but its good fpr us helping them.

If you need thei services, we can arrange a price for going and back.
Regards
Damián

Okay, I am not sure why people are being charged more than 150 pesos TO Ezeiza unless you're all using special car services. A couple weeks ago I took a taxi from San Telmo to Ezeiza, and it was 130 pesos not including tip. I did not have to pay any additional fees due to tolls, etc. I called the same Radio Taxi number that has been on an old post it note of mine since I moved here to reserve the taxi the day before. The rate was the same from anywhere in Capital to Ezeiza, and I even got an automated call from the company telling me my taxi would arrive in 10 minutes.

As for Ezeiza to Capital, I can't sleep on the overnight flights and am too exhausted and delirious to bargain much. I honestly couldn't tell you what I've paid in the past.

Canadian<3;134959 said:
http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp These shuttles are luxurious and comfy !!!! 55$ pesos 1way and you catch it right across from Retiro! They leave evry half an hour, just show up and grab a ticket ;) Really easy and safe.

I totally agree with this post. The services provided by Manuel Tienda Leon bus company are great. We used their services for our trip to New York earlier this month back and forth. And even better, on the way back to Capital from Ezeiza, they asked us where we were going exactly and arranged to have a taxi waiting for us as we got off the bus at their very modern and comfortable bus terminal right behind the Sheraton hotel in Retiro. We paid $55 per person plus $10 pesos add'tl for the taxi from Retiro to Congreso. This is actually an Argentine company that plays by the rules and provides great service. Highly highly recommended!

Canadian<3;134959 said:
http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp These shuttles are luxurious and comfy !!!! 55$ pesos 1way and you catch it right across from Retiro! They leave evry half an hour, just show up and grab a ticket ;) Really easy and safe.

Yeah, Manuel Tienda Leon is great! But don't take it if you need to go during rush hour. I tried to go at 6 one time, and I have reserved my ticket ahead of time, but they said they were operating on a 2 hour delay due to rush hour traffic!!

Just for your information :

I just booked a taxi to pick someone up at Ezeiza tomorrow. Price (ida y vuelta) 160$ plus peaje plus parking. (if he goes out almost immediately this is nothing, but if you must wait long it can be 20-30 pesos, but that's just a question of timing).

I think that's a reasonable price...

Ok, so do any taxis run the meter out to Ezeiza? If so anyone ever do it and know around how much with little to no traffic back to CF?

Back