Techie Thread. Streaming Media

Oh damn.

Shit just got serious

vulk-blk-hd-l-corner600hed.jpg

Monsoon -- after taking advantage of a few delays since our initial hands-on by adjusting the name and pricing -- is finally ready to show off the followup to its HAVA line of placeshifting media streamers, the Vulkano. Integrating a video processor and local storage into its slim frame, the Vulkano accepts HD video over its analog inputs for recording and live streaming to other devices (PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Blackberry and Android players will be available at launch, with a Symbian version on the way) or it can convert recordings locally for them to be downloaded over WiFi or 3G and stored on those devices for offline viewing. Remote scheduling and channel changing functionality (controlling connected set-top boxes via IR blaster) isn't a shocking new feature, but this goes a step further by bringing internet videos to your TV (YouTube, local UPnP devices) Boxee and Popbox style, and other big names like Hulu, Netflix, Google TV, Amazon Yahoo! Widgets and a full HTML browser are promised to show up in firmware updates soon. Believers can hit the site to preorder now, with units ranging from the $279 Vulkano with 8GB of SD card storage, up to a $379 Vulkano Pro with 1TB eSATA HDD included and other sizes planned in between.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/27/monsoon-vulkano-all-in-one-dvr-placeshifting-media-streaming-box/

Can anyone good with a computer help me with a problem that I'm having? I created a Photoshop file to use in mercadolibre and I no nothing about web design. A tech friend told me that I need to convert it to html then upload it to a website that offers free hosting. I converted it to html with Photoshop CS3 and tried to upload it to webng.com and you can't see the image I created, plus I can't upload it the website. I'm completely lost. Thanks in advance.

Okay. If you are talking about an image file. You should convert it to .jpeg or .jpg. Once it has been converted to a jpeg file you can upload it to a site like phtobucket.

I mention photobucket, because its the one most people use and I am most familiar with.

http://photobucket.com/

Once you have uploaded it to photobucket, generate an IMG link for easy embedding.

I have never used mercado libre, but I am assuming you could also easily upload the image directly onto their site without having to make an embedded IMG tag, not sure though.

Is any of this making any sense ?

Also, let me know what format the file is currently in.

Lol. totally off subject.

deadly, already playing around with it here at home but I can tell already I need to upgrade my broadband, on 3megs and its sluggish but then again that could be cablevision, god only knows how much I am getting, Ill have to look into it. Ill get nerded out to some of those suggestions, cheers.

AlexfromLA said:
I have Fibertel as well. It's the best ISP in Buenos Aires.

Good to know, sorting an ISP will be one of my first calls on arrival. Cheers!

Back