Teeth Cleaning For $75 Us?

Joe

Registered
I went to one of the dentists recommended on these pages.

I need a big filling in the back replaced. $100 US - which seems reasonable.

But also a cleaning for $75 US. Isn't that very expensive?

But also a cleaning for $75 US. Isn't that very expensive?

I believe it depends on how it is carried out. Is it just mechanical? Or with ultrasounds? Does it include a whitening treatment?

I think that is expensive! What is the amount in pesos?

I had a chipped tooth fixed a few weeks ago and it was around US$600 pesos. I would say a cleaning should be less than $500 pesos.

For the filling, are they using porcelain? If so, then it would be expensive but if it is just the metalic filling then it would be much cheaper.

PM me and I can send you my AWESOME dentist who has an office near Alto Palermo. She is very professional, her office is clean and modern, she speaks English and is hilarious. I have recommended her to all my friends and now they all go to her on a regular basis.

75 US is more than I pay for my health insurance which includes unlimited cleanings.

So yes I'd say that that is very expensive.

Seems a lot however normal teeth cleaning here is rather superficial. If it is a thorough job similar to what you get at a good dentist in the US, the price would be similar to the US price.

basic teeth cleaning services at the dental place in Once train station - 40 pesos.

I live in Zona Oeste, where it's clearly much cheaper for dental work. I had a root canal and a tooth that was cut in half repaired, all for 500 pesos. I also had another chipped tooth repaired, and a protesis made for another 500 pesos. Get out of the expat enclaves and you will find very good dental at a fraction of the price.

In Liniers (a couple of years ago admittedly), I had two porcelain fillings done for 150 pesos total - and compared to the work I had done in the UK (ugly metal) they are great. The dentist here was offended (on my behalf) that the UK dentist had put the metal fillings in my mouth at all, and so he even replaced them for me, included in the price. I had paid a lot for those UK ones, but they also damaged my teeth. I am very happy with my budget dental work done here!

damn I second that that's more than my monthly premium which includes dental. And that teeth cleaning was the most intense cleaning I've ever had...I have swiss medical and go to their dental center on Charcas..

basic teeth cleaning services at the dental place in Once train station - 40 pesos.

Serious question: can I take my dog there? That's a fraction of what the vet charges.

I love the once station. Part transport hub, part disaster ground, part sporting goods store, part carneceria, part Bolivian consulate (seriously, its upstairs) and as I just learned, part dentist office.

So what Dentist do you know that cleans well for under $75 USD's? or better yet pesos. Please P.M. me.

Kate

Back