Telecom Argentina activates first 5G sites in Buenos Aires and Rosario

f you have decent real 4G, it's pretty fast.

5G is not really about speed. It's about being resilient to congestion when there are many subscribers sitting on one cell (like crowded mall on a weekend).

But they’re not microwave frequencies just normal 4G ones that are great on 4G but junk on 5G oh never mind, I don’t know how to emote properly here

I'm just joking Frank.

The only legitimate concern I've heard so far is that it will enable far more data collection. For good and bad ends.

Huawei 5G is spyware in the eyes of the US government. Their 5G, related hardware and cell phone towers are much cheaper than their competitors so much of the developing world is going with Huawei, except those that are sufficiently cajoled and pressured by the US.

Do please explain. Argentina uses Huawei's 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G, so why would one be junk, and another pretty fast? And yeah, if you feel like holding a pizza box to your ear then go for Elon's Starjunk.
First of all, HW does not have 2G, entire China was using imported 3G, so if HW did have 3G, it was stolen. The quality of Argentina network explains how bad it is. You make a call to Argentina, suddenly you can not hear a clear conversation, but you make a call to Europe or Japan, it is different. You make a domestic call in Argentina, it sounds like an international call. Not sure why you are so offended by the truth of HW, it is a company fiercely stealing IP property, forcing their employees to work 12 hours a day with no weekend, some of its employees had to jump off the office building, its CEO and CFO do illegal money laundry in middle east and other part of the world.
Read about HW's invention: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/996_working_hour_system

I'm just joking Frank.

The only legitimate concern I've heard so far is that it will enable far more data collection. For good and bad ends.

Huawei 5G is spyware in the eyes of the US government. Their 5G, related hardware and cell phone towers are much cheaper than their competitors so much of the developing world is going with Huawei, except those that are sufficiently cajoled and pressured by the US.
Yes, I know you're joking, I just can't find emoji here to express that. And yes, Huawei's equipment has generally been cheaper than other vendors (though like any other vendor, if they're the only supplier to a network, they take advantage of that), and it offers the same or better performance than the other vendors. They supply equipment to most of the countries in Latin America, and it works pretty well. As you say, it's being swapped out under pressure from the US in places from Mexico to the UK.

First of all, HW does not have 2G, entire China was using imported 3G, so if HW did have 3G, it was stolen. The quality of Argentina network explains how bad it is. You make a call to Argentina, suddenly you can not hear a clear conversation, but you make a call to Europe or Japan, it is different. You make a domestic call in Argentina, it sounds like an international call. Not sure why you are so offended by the truth of HW, it is a company fiercely stealing IP property, forcing their employees to work 12 hours a day with no weekend, some of its employees had to jump off the office building, its CEO and CFO do illegal money laundry in middle east and other part of the world.
Read about HW's invention: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/996_working_hour_system
Huawei certainly does have 2G, deployed in most of South America, and with the latest features developed for 2G voice such as VAMOS. I should know, I worked with it, and I did with 3G and 4G for multiple equipment vendors. China specifically developed its own variant of 3G, TD-SCDMA to avoid importing equipment and paying royalties. Huawei exports standard 3G equipment to the rest of the world, and pays royalties for using the IP, just like they do with 4G as well. So, I'm not offended, you're all wrong about the technology. Please do yourself a favour and read up a bit, even Wikipedia will point you in the right direction.

Electromagnetic Radiation from 5G is the problem. If you want to be informed, the attached article is worth reading. Putting your cellphone on your ear is directing EMR to your brain.

Attachments

• Cell_Phone_Poisoning_Of_America.pdf
    273.7 KB · Views: 5
Huawei certainly does have 2G, deployed in most of South America, and with the latest features developed for 2G voice such as VAMOS. I should know, I worked with it, and I did with 3G and 4G for multiple equipment vendors. China specifically developed its own variant of 3G, TD-SCDMA to avoid importing equipment and paying royalties. Huawei exports standard 3G equipment to the rest of the world, and pays royalties for using the IP, just like they do with 4G as well. So, I'm not offended, you're all wrong about the technology. Please do yourself a favour and read up a bit, even Wikipedia will point you in the right direction.
I was one of the earlier network designers in Silicon Valley and later I traveled extensively between US and China for tech biz. I know what HW did and how it operates.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 8
I was one of the earlier network designers in Silicon Valley and later I traveled extensively between US and China for tech biz. I know what HW did and how it operates.
You don't need to out yourself, but I'm surprised our paths didn't cross at sometime. I worked for a German competitor / reluctant customer of Broadcom (Broadcom bought their 3G solution from a South African startup and were a major player in 3G before fading away) before moving myself to Silicon Valley for I'd say the worst 2 years of my life.

But then you have to know that Huawei supplied decent 2G equipment and very good 3G and 4G equipment, and China was definitely not using imported 3G equipment (at least initially SC-TDMA was jointly developed with Siemens and it's incompatible with other 3G standards). Yes, we all know, or suspect, that Huawei started copying technology from the west, maybe even legally with "cleanroom" methods, but they've far exceeded anything that could be done by copying and pasting.

FWIW, my ex German employer bought the 3G firmware from BC to get a chipset on the market while developing an internal solution and where possible understanding and reverse engineering the ZA beach boys' work. That's how it happens. It's all water under the bridge now.

Electromagnetic Radiation from 5G is the problem. If you want to be informed, the attached article is worth reading. Putting your cellphone on your ear is directing EMR to your brain.
Can't read the article, but why would 5G be worse than 3G or 4G when (at least as deployed here in Argentina so far), it's using the exact same frequencies as 3G and 4G?

Logical Health LLC that created this report is apparently a one-man operation run by a pharmacist.

Back