TELECOM - nightmare

Davidglen77

Registered
Approximately 3 weeks ago the phone in my shop stopped working. People may think that this is not such a big deal since we all have cell phones, however in a business it's a huge problem. Running a business using a cell phone where you are charged for calls by the minute. After no phone for 3 weeks I have a cell phone bill of nearly $400 pesos.

I lost a considerable amount of business since I couldn't accept credit cards, (no way to authorize the card without a phone line). Calling Telecom did no good as their stock answer every day was "we are currently working in your area to resolve the problem".

Low and behold 2 technicians show up at my shop yesterday and the first thing they did before attempting to fix the problem was check out the merchandise I have for sale and incinuate that I should be giving them things for free so they would fix my phone problem. After them being in my shop for about 1/2 hour of them joking around with each other they did some "repairs" which knocked out my alarm system and internet service in the process of "fixing" the phone line (which ended up being a problem with the cables in the street). When I complained they told me how lucky I was to have them come as they could have reported my issue as an underground cable problem and I would have been another month without phone service. They left all of the wires exposed and dangling out of the wall and after I complained and complained, gave them a bottle of rum and a bottle of coca cola, they reconnected the internet service but left the alarm system disconnected. They promptly left, laughing at me as they got in their truck and sped away. I called Telecom and reported this and pretty much could visualize the person who took the call yawning as I explained what happened. I am not one to complain much but what I experienced was absolutely disgraceful and now I see why so much negativity is expressed in this forum and others.
 

ghost

Registered
Doing business in the 3rd world really sucks. This story and a hundred more are great examples of why I will no longer do business in Argentina.
Sorry about your experience, expect more of the same.
 

Davidglen77

Registered
I considered myself very lucky as I have had a business here for over a year and never never never have been asked for any type of coima (bribe). Yes frustrations abound for all of the administrative and bureaucratic CRAP you have to put up with such as signatures certified by escribanos ($70 per signature), libros de actas, fotocopias certificadas, etc., etc.,etc. However I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I have already filed a major complaint with TELECOM about these idiots and the best part is they have no way to deny what they did because the whole episode was recorded on the security cameras I have running in the shop.
 

Quentin.Daniels

Registered
Davidglen77 said:
Approximately 3 weeks ago the phone in my shop stopped working. People may think that this is not such a big deal since we all have cell phones, however in a business it's a huge problem. Running a business using a cell phone where you are charged for calls by the minute. After no phone for 3 weeks I have a cell phone bill of nearly $400 pesos.

I lost a considerable amount of business since I couldn't accept credit cards, (no way to authorize the card without a phone line). Calling Telecom did no good as their stock answer every day was "we are currently working in your area to resolve the problem".

Low and behold 2 technicians show up at my shop yesterday and the first thing they did before attempting to fix the problem was check out the merchandise I have for sale and incinuate that I should be giving them things for free so they would fix my phone problem. After them being in my shop for about 1/2 hour of them joking around with each other they did some "repairs" which knocked out my alarm system and internet service in the process of "fixing" the phone line (which ended up being a problem with the cables in the street). When I complained they told me how lucky I was to have them come as they could have reported my issue as an underground cable problem and I would have been another month without phone service. They left all of the wires exposed and dangling out of the wall and after I complained and complained, gave them a bottle of rum and a bottle of coca cola, they reconnected the internet service but left the alarm system disconnected. They promptly left, laughing at me as they got in their truck and sped away. I called Telecom and reported this and pretty much could visualize the person who took the call yawning as I explained what happened. I am not one to complain much but what I experienced was absolutely disgraceful and now I see why so much negativity is expressed in this forum and others.
Davidglen77 said:
I considered myself very lucky as I have had a business here for over a year and never never never have been asked for any type of coima (bribe). Yes frustrations abound for all of the administrative and bureaucratic CRAP you have to put up with such as signatures certified by escribanos ($70 per signature), libros de actas, fotocopias certificadas, etc., etc.,etc. However I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I have already filed a major complaint with TELECOM about these idiots and the best part is they have no way to deny what they did because the whole episode was recorded on the security cameras I have running in the shop.
You need to stop your complaints and accept what happened as a learning experience, because you are just as bad as they are by bribing them with a bottle of rum and a bottle of coke. Also what you are doing by trying to get even on the 2 service guys could be very costly for you, remember they know where you are and where your business is................ please forget about this and go on with your life.
 

Davidglen77

Registered
Sorry but I am not going to fall for that stuff. I didn't do ANYTHING wrong.......they did. Your attitude is exactly why things are the way they are!!
 

Quentin.Daniels

Registered
Davidglen77 said:
Sorry but I am not going to fall for that stuff. I didn't do ANYTHING wrong.......they did. Your attitude is exactly why things are the way they are!!
Yes you did do something wrong, you bribed them and that is against the law.
and don't you think these 2 service guys are going to be upset if they get fired because of your complaints? and are you aware of what upset people without a job are capable of in Argentina?
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Quentin.Daniels said:
Yes you did do something wrong, you bribed them and that is against the law.
and don't you think these 2 service guys are going to be upset if they get fired because of your complaints? and are you aware of what upset people without a job are capable of in Argentina?
So screw the law (the repairmen did).

Next time, perhaps you should just follow them and shoot to kill (first).

Two wrongs don't make a right, but what difference does that make in Argentina?

Darwin's rules rule.
 

Quentin.Daniels

Registered
steveinbsas said:
So screw the law (the repairmen did).

Next time, perhaps you should just follow them and shoot to kill (first).

Two wrongs don't make a right, but what difference does that make in Argentina?


Darwin's rules rule.
:D yes funny, but no, my suggestion was to forget about it and go on with your life. (chill) (relax) (be happy)
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Ironically, I'm waiting for a Telecom repairman at this very moment.

I don't have a gun, but I'll probably be loaded by the time he gets here.

Fortunately, beer (even Stella Artois) is relatively cheap here and I don't have to order it by phone.

If necessary, I'll offer the repairman a bottle...with no sense of guilt whatsoever.
 
Top