Tell Me What You Want

Per Bajo_Cero2's statement....I think that bulling should be moderated.
I do not consider the replies of dissension to some of his postings to be cyber bullying.

Per his statement....you might agree with me or not but I have first hand info regarding how not being deported....
.....even I shared it for free. Sharing for free was his choice.

Per his statement.....all my legal legal predictions were shown to be true.
Claiming that ALL of them were shown to be true is quite an attestation.

And finally....I was continuoisly attacked by a bunch of idiots. OK, so Bajo lost his cool.

I think that bulling should be moderated.
You might agree with me or not but I have first hand info regarding how not being deported and even I shared it for free I was continuoisly attacked by a bunch of idiots even all my legal predictions were shown to be true.

Your were a serious supporter of the Queen or so it seemed. I not only listened to her I saw her actions manipulating the poor with free food and parties not far from where I live to get them to vote for her. They call it buying votes and that alone should get her locked up for a very long time. You may know the law but for many of us character is a key issue. Not to mention her stealing my money in the cambio, which is why I moved to URU getting 40% of my cash ripped off every time I made an ATM trip was outrageous and criminal. Then the ridiculous travel taxes for Argentinians which I saw first hand when family came to visit us in URU along with an insurmountable mountain of lies and insanity. If there was no rule of law she was far more so than Macri. Argentina suffers from immigrant crime there is no doubt about that and also does URU. I could go on for an hour but I will stop here.

Yes perhaps your an assets here and I do respect your work but I question your thinking.

So, this is what is going to happen. This forum has not had a major software upgrade for like five years. And yes, it looks a bit dated and yes, it could be more mobile friendly. (And I have some technical reasons as well). So I am going to update the software to something top-notch, and that will keep us going for the next five years. At the same time, my goal is for people who are practicing an ancient art of writing in long sentences still to feel comfortable here. So current experience will be preserved in this respect.

Then we implement some form of collective moderation. I think it will be a good start. How it will be done practically depends on features available in the new software.

What I wanted to see at this point is that there are people who love this place and who are ready to get involved. And I am grateful to all of you who responded. I think it makes sense to upgrade first, and then to learn how to do things than doing it the opposite way.

Regarding the rules, I do believe that smaller community can be nicer and we are in a different situation now than we were 12 years ago. Really, it is mostly about trying to create an enjoyable environment. I think we can work something out bit by bit.

Hi!

I noticed several threads being blocked for further comments recently. This hasn't been happening for many months, since the new more open approach was put in place.

Has there been a policy change in this respect?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

Hi!

I noticed several threads being blocked for further comments recently. This hasn't been happening for many months, since the new more open approach was put in place.

Has there been a policy change in this respect?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

Obviously IANAdmin but it seems to me that it happens when people stop trading arguments and start trading personal insults instead and I have no objection to that happening whatsoever.

I will read right to the end of a piece that has been written to inform and persuade even if I don't hold the same views - in fact especially if I don't hold the same views because I want to learn and understand. But as far as I'm concerned, the moment a contributor stoops to ad hominem attacks and personal abuse, they've already lost the argument and there is no point reading further.

Last edited:
Threads are getting locked when conversation goes off topic and ends up being not constructive.

Seems reasonable. Though on the other hand, it gives trolls the defacto ability to shut down a thread they don't like by posting off topic until it's locked.

Could end up backfiring, but I guess we will see how the policy develops over the next months etc.

Thanks for the reply,

Cheers!

Threads are getting locked when conversation goes off topic and ends up being not constructive.

I appreciate the efforts here. But doesn't this allow a bad actor to effectively DOS (Denial of Service) attack the forum, by getting threads locked? For example, a thread comes out that says something I don't agree with. So I (as the bad actor) could just derail the thread, and the next thread, and so on, causing all the threads to get locked. I'm not saying I know the solution, but at some point, when the same person has derailed 10 threads ... can anything be done?

Back