Temp Job with NYU in BA (Bilingual, 18-25 years old)

oxente!

Registered
Just passing along this search -- it´s principally for helping out during orientation but there could be other temp opportunities during the semester too.... Note: Need to Speak BOTH Spanish and English. Send Cvs to the Gmail at the bottom. Deadline June 23, 2010.

Suerte.
-------------------
Founded in 1831, New York University is the largest private university in the United States. The University, which is composed of 14 schools, colleges, and divisions, occupies five major centers in Manhattan. It operates branch campus and research programs in other parts of the United States and abroad, as well as study abroad programs in more than 25 countries. New York University is also one of the largest employers in New York City, with over 16,000 employees.

NYU in Buenos Aires is looking for argentine and international students who are interested in having an international experience and presenting Argentina to US students. This position consists of collaborating with NYU in BA staff and receiving the new batch of students from the United States during Orientation Week (from August 23rd to August 27th).

Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:

- Pick up students at the airport.
- Provide support and guidance for students.
- Interpret, communicate and help students during the first week.
- Assist staff with student development programs.
- Organize and attend events for students.

Qualifications:

- 18-25 years old
- Responsible
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous exposure to different cultural backgrounds.
- Flexible personality, willing to embrace changes.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish fluently.

Deadline for CV reception: July 23rd, 2010. We will not take into consideration any CVs after that date. Please send CVs to: [email protected].

JoeBlow said:
Age discrimination. Seems illegal to me.

Common + send a picture too (so we can really discriminate..!!) .....!!!

Specifying age and gender requirements is standard here.

The position is posted on all the major Argentine University job boards (UBA, UTDT, San Andrés, UP, UCA, etc).

oxente! said:
Specifying age and gender requirements is standard here.

The position is posted on all the major Argentine University job boards (UBA, UTDT, San Andrés, UP, UCA, etc).

I am aware it is standard practice in many countries. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to pooh-pooh it.

To the contrary, we should fight to have age requirements eliminated.

JoeBlow said:
I am aware it is standard practice in many countries. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to pooh-pooh it.

To the contrary, we should fight to have age requirements eliminated.

INADI is also working on this. I'm not aware of it current stance though

Back