Temporary Dollar Rental Contracts To Be Controlled By Afip

I agree with Ceviche how do they enforce it???..... you can make all the tax laws you want.......but if nothing is ever enforced or impossible to monitor.....what is the difference........
I am not saying break the law.....I dont own rental property.... I just see a real pain in the ass in paperwork and more money for accountants or such.......

I remember last year that Cristina at a public event suggested that AFIP investigate an individual that made a criticism of what she said. I agree that it is impossible to monitor but then if you come under suspicion of AFIP your life is hell.

Its not a problem for tenants this Resolution, complicates landlords, if they have to comply with this Regulation and must pay higher taxes!! costs will all be passed on to tenants...! :cool:

How do they enforce it? Easy... start going after the landlords. All it takes is a few questions to the portero/neighbors and they can start investigating. Or simply look up apartments on airbnb themselves. Now if they'll actually follow through is another matter... but when the government is strapped for cash, I wouldn't put it past them.

If they want to do something, they will... more or less effectively, but perhaps enough to scare people into compliance.

Every new AFIP regulation can generally be counted upon to -
a) probably bring in enough money to justify its existence, i.e. will bring in more money than must be spent on enforcement
b ) probably not bring in nearly as much as a normal tax system not based on a cat and mouse, or cops and robbers if you will,
c) add a lever for political pressure, viz. the incident desde2008 mentioned. If I remember correctly it was a realtor complaining that the real estate market had collapsed under K management.

GS do you think would this apply to a local who owns more than one property? Say resides in one and rents out the other(s).

GS do you think would this apply to a local who owns more than one property? Say resides in one and rents out the other(s).

I don't know. We are still trying to find out. You forgot a fourth option:

d) to be written so as to be able to be interpreted 5 ways from Sunday, sufficiently obtuse to confuse even the people responsible for collecting the tax.

:)

Pretty sure this does not apply to Residents but not certain.

GS the AFIP resolution does not mention the words Resident or Non Resident..?? for Temporary Rentals ..!!

ADMINISTRACION FEDERAL DE INGRESOS PUBLICOS

Resolución General 3687

Procedimiento. Locación temporaria de inmuebles con fines turísticos. Régimen informativo. Su implementación.

Bs. As., 22/10/2014

http://www.boletinoficial.gov.ar/Inicio/Index.castle?s=01&idAviso=4701717&IdRubro=63&f=20141023

I do have an AirBnB apartment. Half the time it's empty, the other half is divided by having friends and family stay over and foreign tourists who pay in USD through PayPal connected to a EU bank account. How would they even start to value this? At least they need to use the official $ market rate, methinks.

If no firm data is available the AFIP assumes a going market rental value to asses the tax . How the AFIP will asses the periods when the Apartment was being used by family and friends that didn't pay rent ?

Some one I know sold a large Recoleta apt. he had a couple as caretakers to take care of expensas free of rent. The AFIP assumed it was rented and a tax was assessed . I Was told...!

Back