Temporary Residence and Police Background Checks Rentista Visa

Traveler1236

Registered
Hello I am going to Buenas Aires in about a week from the United States. I am considering getting a rentista visa when I arrive. I want to hire a immigration attorney once I get to Buenas Aires. Can the immigration attorney get a FBI check for me once I arrive in Buenas Aires or do I need to get the FBI check before I see the immigration attorney? I am leaving in about a week to go to Buenas Aires and this was a last minute decision. Should I overstay the tourist visa and pay the $300 fee if I cannot get the Rentista Visa? Thank you.

Hello I am going to Buenas Aires in about a week from the United States. I am considering getting a rentista visa when I arrive. I want to hire a immigration attorney once I get to Buenas Aires. Can the immigration attorney get a FBI check for me once I arrive in Buenas Aires or do I need to get the FBI check before I see the immigration attorney? I am leaving in about a week to go to Buenas Aires and this was a last minute decision. Should I overstay the tourist visa and pay the $300 fee if I cannot get the Rentista Visa? Thank you.
actually as I have done more research into this what I need is a pensionda visa. I have a pension. Thank you, (I could not edit the above post.)

How many months or years do you want to be living in Argentina?

The 90 day tourist visa can be easily and cheaply extended at migraciones for an additional 90 days. I don't recall the exact fee at this moment, but it is much more than 300 pesos.

The overstay fee is considerably more expemsive ($14.500 pesos).

If you really want to get the pensionada visa you will need to get the paperwork together (in the USA) to satisfy migraciones. That also includes getting the docs Apostilled in the USA.
Only you can ask for the FBI report and if you go ahead with the visa application, you will have to have somone send it to you in Argentina.

For the visa pensionado there is no reason to pay an "immigration" lawyer in Argentina. At the most you might want someone who has experience doing so to go to migraciones with you to act as a friendly translator.

How many months or years do you want to be living in Argentina?

The 90 day tourist visa can be easily and cheaply extended at migraciones for an additional 90 days. I don't recall the exact fee at this moment, but it is much more than 300 pesos.

The overstay fee is considerably more expemsive ($14.500 pesos).

If you really want to get the pensionada visa you will need to get the paperwork together (in the USA) to satisfy migraciones. That also includes getting the docs Apostilled in the USA.
Only you can ask for the FBI report and if you go ahead with the visa application, you will have to have somone send it to you in Argentina.

For the visa pensionado there is no reason to pay an "immigration" lawyer in Argentina. At the most you might want someone who has experience doing so to go to migraciones with you to act as a friendly translator.
I would be living there maybe a year or two at most. thanks

I would be living there maybe a year or two at most. thanks
Cheaper and easier to just overstay your tourist visa and pay the fine when you leave. It's not like the USA here where they'll chase you down. Just pay the administrative fee and be on your way

Back