Temporary Residency application using the Radex website

An update to the process of gaining Temporary Residency and receiving the DNI. Like many I am sure who have completed the filing for Temporary Residency and wondering when will the DNI arrive. Here's what happened today on that matter. I had received a 90 day Precaria in early June. No DNI has arrived by mail. I received this cryptic message by e-mail today, 4 July, from Immigraciones: "Good day, we inform you that you have obtained a temporary filing since 06/11/2019, the criterion used is pensioned and it will expire after 12 months. Greetings." I contacted someone at Bldg 6 of Immigrations so I could understand what was going on. She replied: " the procedure is already resolved, attached provision (*** she attached the full document of their decision on my application) ... you should only wait for the DNI to arrive or otherwise go to Av. Jujuy 468 with this provision to withdraw it." This seems to be the conclusion of gaining the 1 year Temporary Residency. You need to receive their final document. And with the full document you can go to that Jujuy address and claim the DNI or you can wait for it to be delivered to your address. If you receive such an e-mail I would recommend going to Bldg 6 at Immigrations and asking for the document (3 pages and legalized).

An update to the process of gaining Temporary Residency and receiving the DNI. Like many I am sure who have completed the filing for Temporary Residency and wondering when will the DNI arrive. Here's what happened today on that matter. I had received a 90 day Precaria in early June. No DNI has arrived by mail. I received this cryptic message by e-mail today, 4 July, from Immigraciones: "Good day, we inform you that you have obtained a temporary filing since 06/11/2019, the criterion used is pensioned and it will expire after 12 months. Greetings." I contacted someone at Bldg 6 of Immigrations so I could understand what was going on. She replied: " the procedure is already resolved, attached provision (*** she attached the full document of their decision on my application) ... you should only wait for the DNI to arrive or otherwise go to Av. Jujuy 468 with this provision to withdraw it." This seems to be the conclusion of gaining the 1 year Temporary Residency. You need to receive their final document. And with the full document you can go to that Jujuy address and claim the DNI or you can wait for it to be delivered to your address. If you receive such an e-mail I would recommend going to Bldg 6 at Immigrations and asking for the document (3 pages and legalized).
A further update, on getting the DNI after Immigrations has "resolved' your Temporary Residency and converted it to a 12 month Temp Residency. As I wrote above I was provided an address where "you can go and pick up your DNI". So I went to Av Jujuy 468 and here's what happened. #1 you're directed to go to another address a few doors away, upon entering I was challenged to produce the paid receipt of the DNI invoice that had come from the Radex application process. Not having that they accepted finally a copy of my Precaria. Then to a counter of women behind computers. She wanted my Precaria, no interest in the 3 page doc that was supposed to allow me to "pick up the DNI". Then I was told that I couldn't ask for the DNI until 35 days past the "Resolved" date of 6/11/19. I would have to come back after 7/16/19. I asked what happened then, well you can ask for your DNI and then in 30 to 90 days they'll mail your DNI. Stupefying but true, according to the woman behind the computer. It just never stops - the half assed information and the endless delays. Let's see what happens on 7/16/19.

Hey!
I am a grad student here. While filling out the application I put in academic instead of student (my mistake). I paid the $6000 fee and moved on to step 2. So, now I am trying to change the category back to student and am unsure of how to go about doing it.
Starting a new application is no help either as the site won't let me submit it saying I have an existing application in process.
Could anyone please help me?
Thanks

Hey!
I am a grad student here. While filling out the application I put in academic instead of student (my mistake). I paid the $6000 fee and moved on to step 2. So, now I am trying to change the category back to student and am unsure of how to go about doing it.
Starting a new application is no help either as the site won't let me submit it saying I have an existing application in process.
Could anyone please help me?
Thanks
When you say you've gone on to Step 2, do you mean you've finalized the application? Or you're into the next pages of the Radex application? If you've finalized the Radex application and assuming you're an applicant from a non-Mercosur country you're highly recommended to go to Immigrations and Bldg 6. Avoid getting put in an "information" line once you're in the main building, a 3 hour wait to talk to someone who probably can't help you anyway. Bldg 6 is out the back or side doors of the main building and is the area where non-Mercosur applications are handled. Go to Section D and ask for assistance. If you're not a Spanish speaker take along someone who is to assist in the conversation. The attendants there can pull up your file. As an aside, if you're talking about the section of the Radex application - the last pages where you describe yourself, it may not really make a difference to the application takers and you'll spend a lot of time and effort getting your concern addressed. But Bldg 6 is the section of Immigrations that can advise you and help you if necessary.

A further update on asking for my DNI at Av Jujuy 468. After first attempt 5 July I returned again around 25 July to ask. Woman looks into the computer. Nothing there she says. Tells me to come back 15 August and if there's still nothing there she says she'll call and make a "reclamo" and motions she'll pick up the phone and call somebody about it.

A further update on chasing the DNI, after 60 days or so. Jujuy office, no DNI or DNI number but gave a Negative Number and a Tramites Number - useless as far as I can tell. Called RENAPER 14 calls, 14 robot messages, 14 hangups after ringing a few times. Renaper office on Bullrich/Libertador - they only deal with existing DNIs. No help. Immigraciones Bldg 6, - not their job, no help. Hipolito Urygan office in Microcenter. A lot of people. Easy to get a turno number, then wait and talk to an agent. Agent checked, nothing, everything very backed up. come back in 30 days if you don't receive DNI at home. End of chasing down all possibilities. SNAFU

Sounds like a mess.

Any idea what happens if I leave the country for a couple weeks after filing the Radex application?

Sounds like a mess.
Any idea what happens if I leave the country for a couple weeks after filing the Radex application?
I have not had reason to chase the answer to that down. If you have a copy of your Precaria you're no longer on your tourist visa, I was told verbally by an agent at Bldg6. However, I think I've seen steveinbsas or Stantucker address that question. Best to get a solid answer from someone who knows the regs beforehand.

I have not had reason to chase the answer to that down. If you have a copy of your Precaria you're no longer on your tourist visa, I was told verbally by an agent at Bldg6. However, I think I've seen steveinbsas or Stantucker address that question. Best to get a solid answer from someone who knows the regs beforehand.
I don't know. I went and asked what would happen if we left the country if we hadn't yet gotten an appt and a 90 day precaria, and our DNIs had expired. We already had temporary residency and were applying for permanent.

Any idea on how long it takes to get the precaria after your turno in bldg 6?
I handed in my documents and the woman working there said I can access my precaria online the following day. The status online still says "estado según ____: en tramite".

Back