Temporary Residency Expire. Do I Need To Leave?

I am not sure if you have to have permanent residency to become a montributisto but you would undoubtedly need a valid DNI.

Temporary residency can become permanent on the third renewal, but you have to ask for it and, if I remember one of Bajo_cero2's posts correctly, if your temporary residency expires you have to restart the three year process to qualify for permanent residency. (There may be a 30 day grace period for the renewal.)

Those who have temporary residency based on foreign income (rentista or pensionado) have to show "proof" of continuing income for each renewal as well as the "cambio de categoria" (change to permanent residency). Once permanent residency is granted, dealing with migraciones is a thing of the past!

Although you are not interested in citizenship it is worth mentioning here (if I remember another one of Bajo_cero2's posts correctly) that an "honest" means of living does not necessarily mean the income is earned en blanco and declared to AFIP.

PS: In reply to andesmandes' last post, I wonder if a monotributista can hire an employee.

PS: In reply to andesmands' last post, I wonder if a monotributista can hire a employee.

Yes that is possible. https://www.afip.gob.ar/genericos/guiavirtual/consultas_detalle.aspx?id=402692
In fact there are even Monotributo categories (J, K & L) that require you to have employees.

Yes that is possible. https://www.afip.gob....aspx?id=402692
In fact there are even Monotributo categories (J, K & L) that require you to have employees.

In that case, perhaps the current DNI could be renewed, but only if there is a grace period after the expiration date to do so and only if Migraciones accepts the change of employer.

PS: If there is a grace period, there may also be a "penalty" of 50% of the renewal fee.

Maybe easier way to get legal is to marry the girlfriend or register something that gives you papers. There should be some possibility.

The honest way of living is for citizenship. You don't need to bring you busisness neither money here.

The honest way of living is for citizenship. You don't need to bring you busisness neither money here.

Does the word bring equal the word earn?

Can an individual operate a business and actually earn the money in another country when applying for citizenship?

Maybe easier way to get legal is to marry the girlfriend or register something that gives you papers. There should be some possibility.

Marriage would certainly make permanent residency possible, but an applicant for any visa (or "papers") must qualify for it (marriage, job in Argentina, foreign investment income, etc.). It is probably too late for fcoulombe to "register" as a monotributista (if he could haveas a temporary resident is still unknown, at least in this thread) and if even if his girlfriend can register as a monotributista and hire him, I believe they would both have to make payments to AFIP on a monthly basis.Even before that, she would have to apply to and be approved by migraciones to hire a foreigner.

To hire someone is not that easy. You have to apply as a company allowed to hire foreigners. Later, the DNM inspectors are going to inspect your company and the "employed" has to be there working.
On the other side, to fraud the requirements is a crime.
Marriage for papers is not neccesary in this country because he can also get citizenship.
Marriage entitles him to a lot of responsabilities even with the new CC but to divorce is easier now.

To hire an extranjero, you need to get a renure which is slightly complicated (you have to prove that no one else in Argentina could do the work) and cost money. Also I'm not sure if a monotributisto can hire a foreigner

I dunno. To me it's just one other place where the system failed. (I cant blâme it)
To be honest, I'm all for givin my share of impuesto to whoever wants it. But it's just too fuckin hard for my messed up situation. fuck it... They can come and get me if they have the balls to care. I don't really owe much social rights to anyone.

Back