Thank you all!!!

AAinBA_Hey!

Registered
I just wanted to take the time out and say thank you.. Thank everyone that make comments and posts on this website! I've absolutely felt-in-love with this. It's a must read know-when your American (or english-based foreigner living in Buenos Aires for the first time. I have to say, I've been here for over 4 months now and I had some very enjoyable situations. Lots of new places, new things to do, met new people, made new friends!, new experiences.

I'm the social/like to get out type, so getting out is important to me. Going to any place, bar, mall, or club is important. I love going to places that make me feel like I'm getting hated on, or foreign, you know? Not knowning spanish, does damper things a bit. On the same note, I run into bi-ligual Argentinians often! :) I think, the "obvious"- your not from here trait, helps me or at least give argentinians a reason to either charge me more, start a conversation with me, or be intrigued by me. (I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing)

My main reason behind this post is to thank you, thank you all for contributing your experience here. I have to say it really does help! When I saw the subject/idea about how to improve Buenos Aires, it really touched me. It made me remember, why I love my country.

On a side note about country love:
Here's my personal opinion about Portenos & BA. I think the locals here are soo blindsided with opinions and argentine pride, they forgot a really important factor. Loving your country. Yes, BA is over crowed and can be consider a mess (with the weird, neighborhood-only standards & freedom, yes I said freedom. lol) Obviously, they love Argentina but not in a "I love Argentina soooooooooo much, I'll take care of it" every way I can, attitude.. I maybe wrong, who knows. It's just something I've observed over the past few months. I would like to hear some opinions from ARgentinians on the matter. :)

On the subject of Halloween. Does anyone know if anyone giving a halloween party or what is going on on Halloween down here?

Here is a party for Halloween. It´s actually on Friday the 30th, so you may even find another party for Sat. 31st.
No entrance fee, just a costume will do.
The bar is owned by Europeans, and patrons are either expats, or bilingual locals.

C:\DuiDui-Halloween-flyer.jpg

Estimados amigos:

Los invitamos a participar de nuestra fiesta de Halloween el día viernes 30 de octubre a partir de las 00:00Hs. en:

DUI DUI, The Before Dinner Bar
Costa Rica 5709 esq. Bonpland

No se abonará entrada, pero es importante que vengan DISFRAZADOS!!!!!!

Por cualquier consulta nos pueden escribir a

[email protected] (Celia Gianella)
[email protected] o [email protected] (Macarena Goñi)

Los esperamos para compartir una noche distinta, divertida y llena de magia donde todo puede suceder!

Saludos cordiales,

Celia, Maca & The Dui Dui Team

Thanks for the information guys.. I'll look for a outfit on once, and hit one of thoses up! :)

Love it!!!!

thanks again!!!!

Hi all! (en castellano, mas abajo)

This year Milion is officially throwing a Halloween party, decorations and all! I’ve hosted Halloween parties there the past couple of years, but this year I have Milion’s enthuastic support. It’s the best environment to have a Halloween party and it’s FREE to get in. Come wearing a costume because there will be a prize for the best costume.
It’s from 11pm to 4am, so come, invite your friends, have a few drink mabye even network, and if you want to continue the night, I’m sure there will be clubs throwing Halloween parties as well so you can go out an dance until sunrise.

Milion’s address is: Paraná 1048 (between Santa Fe and Marcelo T. de Alvear) and their website is: http://www.milion.com.ar

See you there!!

Hola todos!!!

Este año Milion oficialmente va tener una fiesta de Halloween. En el pasado yo hice fiestas de Halloween alli pero este año tengo el apoyo de Milion que estan super enthusmado. Vamos a decorar, tener bebidas tematicas y hasta va ver un premio por el mejor disfraz! Es el lugar ideal! Asi que busquense un disfraz, inviten a sus amigos y vayan a Milion para tomar algo y gozen del divertido ambiente. La entrada es GRATIS.

Milion queda en: Paraná 1048 (entre Santa Fe y Marcelo T. de Alvear), su sitio web es: http://www.milion.com.ar

Nos vemos alli!!!

Attachments

• haunted-milion.jpg
    haunted-milion.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6
Back