Thank you!

markbsas

Registered
I just want to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum. A week ago I was thinking I had enough of Buenos Aires, that it had beaten me, and I was packing our s*** and going home.

I won't vent here with all the details because most of it has already been posted here by others. I guess that was the key - that it's not just me and I am not alone! And there are ways to learn to enjoy BsAs and in some cases work around it's idiosyncrasies.

I have been mostly in read only mode here on the forum and I can tell you that this is a real life line. If only I had discovered the forum 2 months ago it would have probably saved us 1 1/2 months of frustration - spinning our wheels going basically nowhere.

So, thank you to everyone on this forum for your contributions and in my case saving my sanity and possibly my marriage! :)

Thank you!
Mark

That's a nice post!
I'm glad you are doing better. :D

Hi Howard,

I'm from the US. Grew up in Maryland, moved to Atlanta area in 1978 and lived there for 20 years. Moved to Phoenix for a couple of years, then down to Miami where I met my wife in 2001. My wife wanted to learn english and we were pretty sure that would not happen in Miami so we moved over to Venice, Florida where we lived for 6 years. Finally back up to an area just north of Atlanta since 2007.

So, my wife lived in the US - Florida and Georgia - for 8 years, and now it's my turn here in Argentina.

get in there,you.ll love it here,keep us posted,,,all the best, Howard...

Howard and wife:
Hang in there my boy, everything will be ok on the long run. It is the shock of a different life, but it will accomodate you and your loved oned with time. I am in Orlando now and continue to read the forum in order to be prepared and more informative of what is expected. I have been all over the world and everything is a surprise at first but little by little you begin to love the new surroundings. I went thru the same thing with my wife also by getting her out of Puerto Rico, moving to New Mexico, Venezuela, Miami and now Orlando (mostly spanish spoken places), so now we are looking in relocating to Argentina!

quote=trapiche;42299]Howard and wife:
Hang in there my boy, everything will be ok on the long run. It is the shock of a different life, but it will accomodate you and your loved oned with time. I am in Orlando now and continue to read the forum in order to be prepared and more informative of what is expected. I have been all over the world and everything is a surprise at first but little by little you begin to love the new surroundings. I went thru the same thing with my wife also by getting her out of Puerto Rico, moving to New Mexico, Venezuela, Miami and now Orlando (mostly spanish spoken places), so now we are looking in relocating to Argentina![/quote]NOOOO trapiche,Mark not me!!:confused:

Back