Thanksgiving in BA 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred mertz

Registered
Does anyone know if any Thanksgivng Day dinners are planned by any expat groups?

I was thinking of going to the restaurant Kansas for dinner. Read they do a thanksgiving dinner and don't have an oven to cook a turkey. Anybody wanna join me?

intljournalist said:
I was thinking of going to the restaurant Kansas for dinner. Read they do a thanksgiving dinner and don't have an oven to cook a turkey. Anybody wanna join me?

do you think that they have take away birds

Personally, I'm inviting a couple of friends over, and we're doing a pot-luck kind of thing. That's how Thanksgiving should be done if you ask me.

Hey guys!

This is NOT the thread I will start seperately about this dinner, but is merely to restate that there WILL be a Thanksgiving diner at the house here in Vicente Lopez, ad you all are invited!

I am currently reviewing costs (turkeys, supplies, cleanup, other...) and should have an "official" notice up in a few days.

I will be asking for RSVP's as I will have to rent place settings, have enough turkey(s) and probably hire a few helpers so we can all enjoy dinner without having to do

My initial estimates are that there seem to be about 30 or 40 folks interested in coming, and the cost (not including drinks) should run about 25-50 pesos apiece.
This would be an "optional" donation, so if you're tight for cash please come anyway - I think that's sort of the spirit of Thanksgiving anyway!

More to come....

Gobble, gobble.......

David

Hey all. There's a secret restaurant called Cuarto Piso that's having a full TG dinner (www.4-piso.com). We went last year and it was very good.

Happy turkey day (early).

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back