Thanksgiving in BA

Called the American club. They said they will have Turkey. The cost is 160 for lunch and you have to wear un saco/coat for men. Called Kansas too. It will be 90 per person for the Thanksgiving meal. They said they will take reservations for lunch but not dinner. They will have Thanksgiving food at lunch as well. For dinner they recommended getting there early.

Really- Kansas takes reservations for lunch?? Who knew? (not me after 4 years of going there!)

Kansas - there are three. One on Libertador, next to the racetrack. One in San Isidro (also on Libertador). And one in Pilar on the Panamericana.

I'm so bummed - we were all set to cook, even bought the turkey and now everyone is saying they can't make it out after work b/c it's too far. So who knows, maybe we'll just drive into town & do Kansas.

fred mertz said:
Next Thursday is Thanksgiving, which is an important American holiday. I haven´t seen anything about festivities to celebrate it. Without turkey it´s not Thanksgiving. Yes, the ''American Club'' is having a lunch. I´ve gone: never again.

AMERICAN CLUB:

I'd never even heard of this club until about 4 days ago. Why is it so bad? I see that the AR$160 price tag is a bit steep for cafeteria food, but what the long story?

citygirl said:
Really- Kansas takes reservations for lunch?? Who knew? (not me after 4 years of going there!)

Kansas - there are three. One on Libertador, next to the racetrack. One in San Isidro (also on Libertador). And one in Pilar on the Panamericana.

I'm so bummed - we were all set to cook, even bought the turkey and now everyone is saying they can't make it out after work b/c it's too far. So who knows, maybe we'll just drive into town & do Kansas.

Whenever I'd done Thanksgiving outside the US (which hasn't been many times really) I've just had it on Saturday. Do your turkey then. On Thursday drink vodka tonics and eat normal food! :p

Napoleon said:
AMERICAN CLUB:

I'd never even heard of this club until about 4 days ago. Why is it so bad? I see that the AR$160 price tag is a bit steep for cafeteria food, but what the long story?

Usually American clubs have a political lean to them. I´ve known a few like this in different cities. Sometimes they are somewhat affiliated with the embassy. This seems to be. Supposedly the ambassador may make an appearance at the lunch (that´s what they told me on the phone).

Heading to Kansas in Las Cañitas around 7pm tonight. Hopefully will beat the rush.

Happy turkey day!

Back