Thanksgiving ingredients

Glad you found them and they worked for you too!

Yup they are expensive, they were 25 pesos last year, thank you inflation! But since I cook them once or twice a year, I pay the high price, plus I bet if you actually found imported cranberries they would be even more expensive!

And it's worth it to impress your friends! ;) although this year everyone wanted some alone time with my stuffing instead of the faux cranberry sauce...so I can share that recipe with you for next year ;)

Napoleon said:
So I followed the instructions and found the little jars of Cassis at Carrefour. WOW they were expensive.

Canned weight: 400gr
Drained weight: 250gr

Price: AR$35.85/jar. WOW!!!

I didn't drain them, but rather poured the contents of both jars (yes, I spent AR$71.70 on fake cranberries not including the walnuts I put in at the end and the sugar either) into a Corningware dish, added some sugar and started cooking it on the stove. I ended up cooking it for about 30 minutes all told stirring it most of time after the halfway point. I also added the zest of two oranges and a lot more sugar. Then when I took it off the fire, I put chopped walnuts in and mixed them around. It appeared that it was getting too solid, so I added some water and stirred it in.

It was tart, sweet, yummy, and a huge hit with all the Americans as well as a Venezuelan girl whose body should be illegal.

Gracias, gracias, gracias

Back