The Argentine Medicare System

I went to two lawyers and to Anses. With over twenty years in the country and an equal number of years contributing to the pension system I was told that I do not qualify. They said that if i keep contributing to age seventy I will qualify but if out of the country too long each year I will not qualify. i gave up. Years and years of pension contributions down the drain.

I went to two lawyers and to Anses. With over twenty years in the country and an equal number of years contributing to the pension system I was told that I do not qualify. They said that if i keep contributing to age seventy I will qualify but if out of the country too long each year I will not qualify. i gave up. Years and years of pension contributions down the drain.

You need to have 30 years of residency in the country. Doesn't matter how many years you contributed. If you have 30 years of residency you are entitled to a pension and PAMI.

http://www.econoblog.com.ar/34305/anses-requisitos-para-extranjeros-para-jubilarse-sin-portes-con-moratoria/

I believe that this "moratoria" expired last September.
yes, it did but there are new moratorias fairly often. What you need to keep in mind as an expat is that you need to prove 30 years of residency or permanency since you entered the country.

You need to have 30 years of residency in the country. Doesn't matter how many years you contributed. If you have 30 years of residency you are entitled to a pension and PAMI.

http://www.econoblog...-con-moratoria/

New ANSES rules For Universal Pension Plan for 65 and older...

http://www.anses.gob.ar/noticia/el-presidente-anuncia-la-pension-universal-para-adultos-mayores-489
[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]
• To be 65 or older,[/background]
• Be a naturalized Argentine with 10 years of prior residence[/background]
• For foreigners have 20 years of residence or more[/background]

En el marco del proyecto anunciado hoy por el presidente de la Nación, Mauricio Macri, se establece la creación de una Pensión Universal para adultos mayores de 65 años.[/background]
Esta pensión será vitalicia y prevé el pago mensual del 80% de la jubilación mínima, es decir que sería de $3967 para quien no tenga otro beneficio social o perciba uno cuyo monto sea inferior, debiendo optar por uno u otro. La Pensión Universal estará atada a la Ley de Movilidad, por lo que se actualizará dos veces por año, en marzo y septiembre. [/background]
Las personas que podrán acceder a la Pensión Universal deberán cumplir con las siguientes condiciones: [/background]
• tener 65 años o más,[/background]
• ser argentinos naturalizados con 10 años de residencia en el país anteriores a la solicitud,[/background]
• para extranjeros, tener 20 años de residencia.[/background]
La Pensión Universal habilitará el cobro de las mismas Asignaciones Familiares que perciben hoy los jubilados y permitirá acceder a los servicios del INSSJyP (PAMI). Quienes reciben esta pensión podrán seguir trabajando hasta lograr los años de servicio para obtener su jubilación.[/background]
La inversión social de esta medida será de $3011 millones previstos para el primer año.[/background]
Para conocer más información, los interesados podrán ingresar a www.anses.gob.ar/pensionuniversal. [/background]

The differences between a regular pension and the universal pension:

Universal pension

- You have to be +65 years old ( men and women )
- You will earn 80% of the minimum pension
- You need 20 years of residency or 10 years after naturalization.
- You will get PAMI
- You cannot be receiving a pension from another country.
- You can keep working until you can keep working until you have the amount of years of residency and / or contributions to get a regular pension.

Adjusted twice a year based on an official index

** Current

Regular pension

- Women can get it at 60 men at 65 years old.
- You will earn based on your past contributions
- You need 30 years of residency + 30 years of contributions ( less contributions are required if you subscribe to a moratorium and pay past years )
- You will get PAMI

Current minimum pension is set at $5661. The median pension is $9300 and the maximum is $41500. They are all adjusted twice a year based on an official index. Data is from Sept 2016.

** Currently there is no moratorium so you might need to wait for a new one.

what is PAMI?

What is the pension amount?

does one need to work for many years in argentina to be eligible?

what is PAMI?

What is the pension amount?

does one need to work for many years in argentina to be eligible?

- [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]PAMI is the Argentine Medicare system -- Instituto Nacional de Servicios Sociales para Jubilados and Pensionados (national social services institute for retirees and pensioners).

- Minimum pension $5661

- 30 years, less paying a moratorium ( past years )[/background]

Not clear - this sentence. Can you explain in layman terms please?

For example you are 65 years old, but contributed 22 years to your pension. You can enroll into a moratorium ( when there is one ) and pay for those 8 years that you missed. This is done is small payments that are deducted from your pension until it is covered. Then you get the full pension.

Back