The Argentine Medicare System

For example you are 65 years old, but contributed 22 years to your pension. You can enroll into a moratorium ( when there is one ) and pay for those 8 years that you missed. This is done is small payments that are deducted from your pension until it is covered. Then you get the full pension.

what about people who just lived here and never contributed a single peso.

For example you are 65 years old, but contributed 22 years to your pension. You can enroll into a moratorium ( when there is one ) and pay for those 8 years that you missed. This is done is small payments that are deducted from your pension until it is covered. Then you get the full pension.

ANSES and two lawyers told me that I could NOT do this. As I recall the explanation was that I would have had to have LIVED in Argentina fir thirty years (not worked). If I had lived here for thirty years or more I could apply for the moratorium with under thirty years of pension contributions. If not, the only option they told me was to go on paying into the system until age seventy to receive the minimum based on age.

ANSES and two lawyers told me that I could NOT do this. As I recall the explanation was that I would have had to have LIVED in Argentina fir thirty years (not worked). If I had lived here for thirty years or more I could apply for the moratorium with under thirty years of pension contributions. If not, the only option they told me was to go on paying into the system until age seventy to receive the minimum based on age.
An they are correct, as a foreign citizen you cannot get a regular pension unless you can prove you have been residing in the country for 30 years ( I stated that in my original reply to your post ). Now, if you have over 20 years of residency in the country you can get Pension Universal ( 80% of the minimum pension ) until you meet the requirements to get a regular pension. You cannot receive universal pension if you are getting a pension from another country though.

Back