"the Ashes" Cricket Series Live In Sth America

I want the Aussie bowlers, Patto and Siddle to aim the bowl and English batsmen's face.

I would suggest throwing at a batter's head in baseball is more intimidating:

Really? I'm not sure Bert Oldfield, Rick McCosker or Ewen Chatfield would agree with you.

Try googling windies pace quartet or just look up the guy who said this:

I enjoy hitting a batsman more than getting him out. I like to see blood on the pitch.

At least they wear helmets now.

I would suggest throwing at a batter's head in baseball is more intimidating:

I was trying to explain the relevance of the bodyline series to you? Not sure how we arrived at which projectile is more intimidating when directed at your head but that is not really the point.

I have no interest in baseball so I can't really comment about the mechanics of the game. American football I enjoy, baseball I would actively avoid watching. Never really covered in the UK and Ireland when I was a kid so I never developed an interest.

I want the Aussie bowlers, Patto and Siddle to aim the bowl and English batsmen's face.

They can do it once an over...i.e. once every six balls. Unfortunately if it's not done well it is usually met with an icey stare after ducking underneath or worse still smashed back over the head and over the boundary for 6. That's the beauty of the game, requires balance and finely tuned tactics.

New short forms of the game have tuned in the batsmen to short bowling, new body armour has taken away the fear and modern lightweight bats and physically improved players tend to result in less concern about balls flashing past their faces. Mind you, if you get caught out by one it still hurts and scares the bejaysus out of you.

I am a big cricket fan so this is great news about the coverage!
Unfortunately I think our aussie team is going to struggle, we really are still paying for lack of development of young players during the good ol' days.
I agree with you D2BA, one of the greatest (if not the) series of test cricket that 05 series.

The English certainly got one over us in 2005. It was a great series that really breathed life back into test cricket. Flintoff was amazing, he was a demon with the ball and a brick wall with the bat.

I have to admit, I really 'threw the toys out of the cot' after the Edgbaston test in that series, when Kasprowitz was dismissed a few runs shy of pinching the test. But by the end of that series England were clearly playing the better cricket and deserved the series. It was the end of the Australian golden era.

I think the English are deserved favourites going into this campaign, and have the better team on paper. But, like '89, and many series before it, anything could happen. The Darren Lehmann factor is intriguing. For this first 5 tests, I think:

Most wickets: James Anderson
Most runs: Jonathon Trott

England 2, Australia 2. England to retain the Ashes.

I simply cannot remove all bias from my brain in making these predictions.

There is a bit of added spice after the bar room brawl involving Root and Warner. Don't know if Warner is involved or not this tour?

Anyway, the aussies are picking young Root out for a bit of sledging I think. Pietersen is back in the fold for England which basically guarantees some sort of drama..as it should be for the Ashes.

I could see the benefit to an Aussie win, at least it would shut that old fool Botham up, banging on about an England 10-0 win with the October series included.

That said, family loyalties will see me pulling for the poms!

There is a bit of added spice after the bar room brawl involving Root and Warner. Don't know if Warner is involved or not this tour?

Anyway, the aussies are picking young Root out for a bit of sledging I think. Pietersen is back in the fold for England which basically guarantees some sort of drama..as it should be for the Ashes.

I could see the benefit to an Aussie win, at least it would shut that old fool Botham up, banging on about an England 10-0 win with the October series included.

That said, family loyalties will see me pulling for the poms!

I think this ECB coverage via YouTube will mean Botham in the commentary box with Lloyd, Gower, Atherton, Hussain and Shane Warne. There is plenty of quality there, bit of comedy also.

Depending on how the Aussies are going, I may have to mute Sir Ian's stints in the chair B). He loves sticking it to Australians (big time) and I am a bad loser.

I was trying to explain the relevance of the bodyline series to you? Not sure how we arrived at which projectile is more intimidating when directed at your head but that is not really the point.

I have no interest in baseball so I can't really comment about the mechanics of the game. American football I enjoy, baseball I would actively avoid watching. Never really covered in the UK and Ireland when I was a kid so I never developed an interest.

Football is really boring, and soccer is even worse.

Back