"the Ashes" Cricket Series Live In Sth America

Its true, each to their own. I love my Aussie rules football and cricket but also keen on football and rugby. Baseball is not too bad and NFL I have never really watched much of. Basketball is a great sport to watch, always something happening and the athletes in the NBA are awesome.

Cricket is a bit boring unless you are at an actual match and drinking beer, then its quite fun!

Their cups are a bit pish though.

r1vADTT.jpg

Scotland had one of the best international tops though.
_67910389_scotland1999.jpg

Its true, each to their own. I love my Aussie rules football and cricket but also keen on football and rugby. Baseball is not too bad and NFL I have never really watched much of. Basketball is a great sport to watch, always something happening and the athletes in the NBA are awesome.

Yeah the Australian Football League is the best football league in the world IMO. There is simply nothing like it.

All US sport is so well presented and extremely professional, Ill watch any of the big 4 codes, even though I'm not entirely sure of what's happening in the NFL and I don't know much about basketball either. NBAs very cool though.

But cricket is truly global as its always summer somewhere so there's always a team touring somewhere in the world. The rivalries are fierce and The Ashes would have to be the most prestigious and hard fought rivalry in the game.

For some history on the "Ashes":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ashes

Dates back to 1882 the series. The "trophy" (urn) actually doesnt move from the MCC Museam at Lords in England due to its fragility.

I can see understand how people find the sport boring, theres not something "happening" all the time, the thing about cricket is the historical test matches are long (5 days). Thus as a spectator you dont have to watch every ball/moment. In Australia in Summer its really common to invite friends/family over for a day of watching test match cricket - usually involves more than a few beers, a good aussie barbecue and backyard cricket.

As a player, its a very different sport from football, rugby, basketball etc, its very psychologically draining, requiring concentration, patience more than many other sports. Its not about one ball or one moment (they are rarely game changing), about winning a 10 minute quarter, its about winning sessions (generally 2.5 hours).

The introduction of the 20/20 format (20 overs per team, games lasting about 3 hours) has made it more marketable, and attracted new fans that like that prefer a shorter version, and more big "hits", this version is all about the bastmen and is more comparable to baseball.

This is the trophy for the World Cup. Played every 4 years its the most respected international tournament.

Ponting_03wc2.jpg

This is the trophy for the World Cup. Played every 4 years its the most respected international tournament.

Ponting_03wc2.jpg

I think you put the wrong photo. If i am not mistaken , India are reigning champions in all possible recent world cups including the world cup and champions trophy. Australia is amogst the worst teams currently, i heard.

I think you put the wrong photo. If i am not mistaken , India are reigning champions in all possible recent world cups including the world cup and champions trophy. Australia is amogst the worst teams currently, i heard.

I deliberately chose a photo of an Australian holding the world cup, but yes that is an old photo from 2003 victory. Australia then won in 2007 and then India won the most recent (2011). Your right, like I said earlier the current Australian team is definitely not as strong as a few years back. Its generally pretty inexperienced and the talent coming through just isn´t there.

However, our warm-up form to this series has been solid (off-field stuff aside) and we still have a couple of match winners and guys who know how to play on English soil, hence why I am predicting we can win it 3-1* as well (with atleast 1 draw, blamed on the English weather).

* I am making this prediction whilst wearing my baggy green cap thus not 100% neutral :D

As im not very computer minded is it easy to watch the live stream?Any advice would be totally appreciated ....Go the Aussies...Looking so forward how we play under Boof...

As im not very computer minded is it easy to watch the live stream?Any advice would be totally appreciated ....Go the Aussies...Looking so forward how we play under Boof...

i generally use http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports for sports streaming.

Back