The Best Reason Now To Be An Expat In Argentina...

Steve, you have not done the community any favors by resurrecting this monster.

Steve, you have not done the community any favors by resurrecting this monster.

How could an open discussion about health care in the US versus Argentina be unfavorable to anyone?

And how does being in Argentina for about one month make you qualified to speak for the so-called community?

I've been here two weeks shy of eight years and I still would not presume to do so.

I've always stated that the real monster is the ACA, since it poses as a law that cares about people, but it really isn't. Maybe it does help a few individual cases, especially with those who have preexisting conditions, but a more thorough law with real change and removal of special interest group (big pharma and insurance companies) privileges would have helped EVERYONE, at a much lower financial cost for a nation 17 trillion in debt.

My dislike of the ACA is exactly for the same reasons I can't stand Obama. They both are extremely dishonest, have fooled millions, are hurting everyone silently, and no one even dares to question them (if you do it means you're anything from a racist to a wingnut).

Steve, Redpossum means well. Let's focus on ideas and not personal attacks based on who's who or how long they've been where. I totally agree with you but if you don't like the cheap shot strategy ajo uses don't use a similar strategy on others.

How could an open discussion about health care in the US versus Argentina be unfavorable to anyone?

And how does being in Argentina for about one month make you qualified to speak for the so-called community?

I've been here two weeks shy of eight years and I still would not presume to do so.

I did not speak for the community. I made an observation. That observation was that you are not doing any of us any favors by necromancing back a vicious old argument that was dead and gone. I stand by that observation.

Now you can call me a collectivist :)

I once started a thread "Obamacare: Say goodbye to grandma and the grandkids."

It got a lot of views and replies while it was in the "expat life" forum. So did ajoknoblauch's more recent thread: "The Alternative to Obamacare."

Since they were relocated to the "world politics" forum, they have received virtually no attention as they no longer appear in the list on the home page when new posts are added.

As this thread is still in the "expat life" forum, here is something for those who are considering either moving to Argentina or returning to the USA to consider:

Now, thanks, to Obamacare, some in the USA are not saying goodbye to grandma or the grandkids.

They are saying goodbye to their doctors.

http://sanfrancisco....t-see-a-doctor/

This is just the beginning of what will become a critical shortage of doctors in the USA.

And I seriously doubt that anything like it will happen in Argentina.

American Healthcare was crap before "obamacare" and is still crap but better than it was before. For some reason the conservatives in the England are adamant that they should cut the NHS and turn it into some shitty copy of the crap american healthcare system.

Luckily for my family they live in Scotland and NHS Scotland is the responsibility of the Scottish Government and i doubt they would ever get away with the shit that's happening in England and Wales.

I've always stated that the real monster is the ACA, since it poses as a law that cares about people, but it really isn't. Maybe it does help a few individual cases, especially with those who have preexisting conditions, but a more thorough law with real change and removal of special interest group (big pharma and insurance companies) privileges would have helped EVERYONE, at a much lower financial cost for a nation 17 trillion in debt.

My dislike of the ACA is exactly for the same reasons I can't stand Obama. They both are extremely dishonest, have fooled millions, are hurting everyone silently, and no one even dares to question them (if you do it means you're anything from a racist to a wingnut).
Medicare for all would have been great and great for the country. Clinton tried to go around the insurance companies and got shafted. Obama looked at reality and knew he had to include the insurance companies in his health care plan. It isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than anything else and it did get passed. Let's hope for amendments that will make it great. Money from the insurance companies is what made the ACA (Obamacare) what it is today.

Tom

Medicare for all would have been great and great for the country. Clinton tried to go around the insurance companies and got shafted. Obama looked at reality and knew he had to include the insurance companies in his health care plan. It isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than anything else and it did get passed. Let's hope for amendments that will make it great. Money from the insurance companies is what made the ACA (Obamacare) what it is today.

Tom

That's irrelevant. Ayn's acolytes want you to suffer to the max.

Let's see....

-Kill lists and the self proclaimed authority to kill any American (or anyone) at his discretion at any time, anywhere. check.
-Maintaining the practice of torture, check.

*Edited for space

Sounds like a dictator to me, irrelevant of being elected or not.

Would this very real yet incomplete list of atrocities go away once we "elect" a new president on 2016?

Let George Carlin settle this one for us:

http://youtu.be/hYIC0eZYEtI

Back