The Best Reason Now To Be An Expat In Argentina...

Here is a very good reason. I am in the US right now and it seems that the country is going full retard really fast.

It's the Republicans, but they arrived there long ago. They're just less self-conscious about displaying it now: https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/624381850623037440/photo/1

Not accurate, i have many clients that were in jail there for immigration issues.

For human trafficking, or similar immigration issues, possibly. For entering Brazil without going through the proper immigration process or overstaying their VISA, I doubt it very much.

The term "illegal immigrant" does not even officially exist in Brazil. The term officially used is "immigrant in irregular status". The law 7,685 issued in 1988 recognizes that immigration is a human right and set up rules for any illegal immigrant in Brazil to normalize their status. Unless if you cause trouble, like being on a street brawl, or involved with theft, smuggling, gambling or similar, the police will never arrest and deport you for just being there illegally.
Another possibility is the arrest at the immigration checkpoint at the point of entry (like an airport) if the immigration official suspect that you may lack enough funds to stay or if he suspects that you plan to overstay your visa. Then yes, you might be detained and deported (but never face charges). But the rule of thumb is, once you are in, you are in.
That is why a few years ago, for example, the state of Acre had to declare state of emergency, as it got swamped by over 50 thousand illegal (irregular) Haitian immigrants. Once they made it successful across the border from Peru or Bolivia, the policy is that they would not be deported. But the state of Acre, a poor northern state, simply did not have the means to process them, so the federal government had to step in.
None were or will be deported. That is the policy. You make it across the border and don't commit crimes afterwards. You will stay. But hey, don;t take my word for it.

Here is a very good reason. I am in the US right now and it seems that the country is going full retard really fast.

http://youtu.be/Y8Q0MMHwx4k

Well, besides all the extreme patriotic images in the screen behind her, i have to agree with her.

I just wonder what did she mean when she said that she has very close navy seals connections... Just envy?

For human trafficking, or similar immigration issues, possibly. For entering Brazil without going through the proper immigration process or overstaying their VISA, I doubt it very much.

Well, it is not a minor issue, victims of trafficking cannot even beeen prosecuted (go to art. 6):
http://www.oas.org/juridico/spanish/tratados/sp_proto_cont_tráfi_l%C3%ADci_migra_tierra_mar_aire_comple_conve_nu_cont_delin_orga_transn.pdf

You don't test the system when you enforce it to Mother Teresa of Calcuta, you do it when you enforce it to the victims of trafficking (professional experience).

Well, it is not a minor issue, victims of trafficking cannot even beeen prosecuted (go to art. 6):
http://www.oas.org/j...orga_transn.pdf

You don't test the system when you enforce it to Mother Teresa of Calcuta, you do it when you enforce it to the victims of trafficking (professional experience).

Tell us exactly how the Camporistas victimized you, then. Can you refer us to the INDEC statistics on the subject?

Camberiu. As you have stated before you are not just in the U.S. "right now" ,You are resident there.Moreover,from the fluency of your English and being on top of what is going on there ,I would say that you have been living there for some time.Regarding being "illegally" in Brazil what you say is generally true.It is not a good idea to try to be a "perma tourist" in Brazil.I hear from some Americans and Brits who have tried it that when they were questioned by the police,they were urged strongly to leave.Of course,they came to Argentina where there was no such "suggesting" Above all,.it is also not a good idea to try to work in Brazil on a tourist visa even if you could find an employer who would be foolish enough to take such a risk.Personally as a an over 70 U.S. national I tried to get full time employment in Belo Horizonte 3 years ago but was unsuccessful.My best shot might be to apply for an "aposentado" retiree visa which I might stll do.

Back