The Best Reason Now To Be An Expat In Argentina...

Moore may engage in hyperbole, but he's not wrong.
Agreed. Yes but the scenes with him and crew in boat approaching the Cuban border/shore were pure Hookie and his examples in Cuba were way off the mark. Moore gets the concept right but his execution is random and shoddy and it really takes away from credibility. [sloppy]

Agreed. Yes but the scenes with him and crew in boat approaching the Cuban border/shore were pure Hookie and his examples in Cuba were way off the mark. Moore gets the concept right but his execution is random and shoddy and it really takes away from credibility. [sloppy]

I appreciate Moore for asking big questions, even if he often gets the answer wrong.

Moore gets the concept right but his execution is random and shoddy and it really takes away from credibility.

I agree with this as well ... but having said that, I once watched him field a question at a press conference from a Canadian who took exception at his glowing portrayal of our system. Moore really shut the guy down and his command of the facts and figures was impressive. It's a shame more of that hard data doesn't always make it out of the editing room, but I appreciate the balance that needs to be struck when trying to make something informative that's also entertaining enough to hold an audience's attention.

Ironically, I reckon more Canucks get depressed by the constant misrepresentations of our health care system by US politicians and media than get upset with its actual flaws. Of course it's not perfect, but I've never met a single individual--of any socio-economic status--who'd be willing to trade it for a fully private model.

I appreciate Moore for asking big questions, even if he often gets the answer wrong.

The greatest power Moore has is to delude people.

And support those in power, like Obama, who asks no questions and takes actions which are wrong...

...actions which harm tens of millions of people.

Just ask anyone who used to work forty hours a week and now only work 29...

...and will lose their employer provided health care coverage as a result.

And support those in power, like Obama, who asks no questions and takes actions which are wrong...

I used to work 70 hrs a week and now I only work 19 and I'm happy as hell. And working on getting that to ZERO.

So this is how Michael Moore supports Obama? http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/07/michael-moore-asks-citizens-to-stand-up-to-obamas-dangerous-erosion-of-civil-liberties/

What does the article you cite have to do with Obamacare?

I think it was in response to your comment "The greatest power Moore has is to delude people.

And support those in power, like Obama, who asks no questions and takes actions which are wrong…"

The point is that Moore often castigates Obama in pretty strong terms. It isn't unconditional support, he'll criticise him when he disagrees.

Now that Obamacare is fully implemented and working perfectly, it might be difficult for some to believe there is any need for further discussion...

until they read this:

http://www.forbes.co...urance-patient/

Anticipating snide and irrelevant (if not irrational) comments that have nothing to do with reality, I want to point out that the author of this article, Rituparna Basu, is an analyst at the Ayn Rand Institute, in Irvine, CA

I once started a thread "Obamacare: Say goodbye to grandma and the grandkids."

It got a lot of views and replies while it was in the "expat life" forum. So did ajoknoblauch's more recent thread: "The Alternative to Obamacare."

Since they were relocated to the "world politics" forum, they have received virtually no attention as they no longer appear in the list on the home page when new posts are added.

As this thread is still in the "expat life" forum, here is something for those who are considering either moving to Argentina or returning to the USA to consider:

Now, thanks, to Obamacare, some in the USA are not saying goodbye to grandma or the grandkids.

They are saying goodbye to their doctors.

http://sanfrancisco....t-see-a-doctor/

This is just the beginning of what will become a critical shortage of doctors in the USA.

And I seriously doubt that anything like it will happen in Argentina.

Back