The Best Reason Now To Be An Expat In Argentina...

steveinbsas: What exactly is so different in the US that a public health insurance should not work there? Coming from Germany, the country with the oldest national health insurance system, I find it weird to believe that the world will end if one introduces such a system. It works in Germany as it works in many other countries. And if one compares key figures like infant mortality, life expectancy, number of practicing physicians, ... it works better than in the US, while the cost per capita is about half - and everyone has health insurance... So are you arguing against public health insurance in general or the actual implementation of the concept Obamacare?

If I may speak for Steve, he objects to collectivists, which he defines as everybody but himself.

Thorsten,

While some right wing extremists do argue that Obamacare is an attempt to socialize medicine and they do count on people making a negative connection from the word socialized, Obamacare is nothing like the system you're praising in Germany. It's just an awful concoction that doesn't change the way the American system works. It just shifts the costs and who pays for them. It does not attack the things that drive the cost of health care up.

This isn't a matter of left vs right (at least not for me and I'm sure for Steve either). A republican governmentl trying to attack personal freedom, freedom of conscience, and taking steps to create a monstrous police state would be just as bad

If I may speak for Steve, he objects to collectivists, which he defines as everybody but himself.

Speaking for me requires my consent and I do not grant it.

I have made no attempt to speak for you or redefine your terms.

Please do not presume to do so for me.

Thorsten,

While some right wing extremists do argue that Obamacare is an attempt to socialize medicine and they do count on people making a negative connection from the word socialized, Obamacare is nothing like the system you're praising in Germany. It's just an awful concoction that doesn't change the way the American system works. It just shifts the costs and who pays for them. It does not attack the things that drive the cost of health care up.

This isn't a matter of left vs right (at least not for me and I'm sure for Steve either). A republican governmentl trying to attack personal freedom, freedom of conscience, and taking steps to create a monstrous police state would be just as bad

Well said. There is no comparison. The only fix is to break the power of the HMO's completely.

It's easier put as "fuck you, I've got mine."

What do you think I've got and why wouldn't I want anyone else to prosper?

Dudester posted almost the same thing about me (without the "f-bomb") when he was still allowed to post here.

At least he came to his senses and admitted that he had been fooled by Obama before his exile from baexpats.

What do you think I've got and why wouldn't I want anyone else to prosper?

Dudester posted almost the same thing about me (without the "f-bomb") when he was still allowed to post here.

At least he came to his senses and admitted he had been fooled by Obama before his exile from baexpats.

As opposed to being fooled by Ayn...

One advantage to Argentina is that you are not down wind of Fukushima. Since the prevailing winds blow West, after Japan the US West Coast is particularly hard hit. Santiago is also much harder hit than Baires.

fukushima_radiation_nuclear_fallout_map_a.jpg

fukushima-mutant-flowers-deformed-daisies.jpg

Fuku Deformed Daisies

insect-fukushima-13.gif

Back