The City's Best Eggs

Good morning!

So, collective brain- having been here two weeks, I have bought eggs from little grocers (in Recoleta), DISCO and Carrefour. They have all been cheap (although I bought the most expensive ones I could find) and pretty uninspiring when lovingly poached or soft boiled to accompany my avocado on toast!

Any thoughts on where I should be getting my eggs from? I'm thinking of the large, tasty dark yellow yolks of my former lands, and am sure there must be some happy Argentine chickens roaming the pampas somewhere.

Many thanks!
If you are in Palermo, go to the very back of the market on Jeronimo Salguero, just off of Plaza Guemas, across the street from Velvet restaurant. There is a gentleman with a pony tail who sells very delicious organic chickens AND, of course, eggs. White, brown (my favorite) and double yokes.

T/

My local verdulero (corner of Carlos Pellegrini and Arenales) sells eggs at $15 for 6 but they're worth it, most of them are double yokers and they're twice the size of the eggs from the supermarket.

How do you know alll of this?
What about DrCormillot Scam Eggs? Never bought them because I see them like a scam, but... any actual experiences?

When I want tasty eggs to lovingly poach upon a potato pancake I buy quail eggs.

Check out BAJeffPat's post previously. The first link explains the difference in diet, size/age of chicken, genetics, in the white vs brown egg. Pretty much agrees with what Serafina is saying.

May be about some ants...
hahaha

Sorry, I typed from my iPad, autocorrect kicked in and when I noticed it type color ants instead of colorants it was already too late to edit the post. :p

How do you know alll of this?

I read this post and related comments sometime ago, it is in Italian. The guy is a chemist, and his blog and books are about the chemistry behind the nutritional sciences. His blog is full of articles very detailed about quality of food, nutritional values, cooking processes, etc. It is too technical for me, I just like to eat and cook. But I did remembered that article because when I arrived here I saw mostly white egg (priced half the brown ones) and wanted to know the difference.

His eggs are great, I have been buying em for years- and his chicken is good too, organic, from the country.

Back