The COST OF LIVING in Buenos Aires

What would be the cost of living in Mar Del Plata as opposed to Buenos Aires. I stayed in a hotel last year in MDP for $36 pesos a night and I got a hair cut for $10 pesos. I saw that apartments sell from US$35, 000 to US$55,000. I think one can live quite comfortably in MDP on the cheap. Any comments?
Carl.

"futurepet" said:
Going to the movies is about 30 peso per person.
Where are you seeing movies? Down the street from me at the Cinemark off Santa Fe, it costs about 10 pesos per person....
Recoleta shopping mostly and price is like 17 peso or so and if you buy something to eat it's easily 25-30 peso p.p.

"donquixote" said:
What would be the cost of living in Mar Del Plata as opposed to Buenos Aires. I stayed in a hotel last year in MDP for $36 pesos a night and I got a hair cut for $10 pesos. I saw that apartments sell from US$35, 000 to US$55,000. I think one can live quite comfortably in MDP on the cheap. Any comments?
Carl.
Roughly 30% cheaper from april to oktober. But why would you want to live there?
If you want to do el cheapo you should be going to live in Lanús, Quilmes or Cuidad Evita or stuff like that
Big cities like Rosario or Cordoba are a lot cheaper as well(roughly half) and small cities are a lot cheaper.
But who really wants to live there?

"Paul_NL" said:
Carl.

Roughly 30% cheaper from april to oktober. But why would you want to live there?
If you want to do el cheapo you should be going to live in Lanús, Quilmes or Cuidad Evita or stuff like that
Big cities like Rosario or Cordoba are a lot cheaper as well(roughly half) and small cities are a lot cheaper.
But who really wants to live there?

I sure as shit wouldn't mind living in any one of those places

"Elpanada" said:
Go live there then, it's a lot cheaper then Capital

Not exactly that simple.

Why not? Lanus, Cuidad Evita, Avallaneda or Quilmes are not that far away from Capital, if you work there

Even IF it is CHEAPER to live here in Argentina....you will be GIVING UP:
An Ordered Society
A "Fair" Justice System
Security and Safety
Peace and Tranquility
Relaxing Environment

Argentina is ok if you have enough money to do the things you want to do.
If that is not the case stay away, but most expats did not yet get that

Back