The economic future from Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul_NL

Guest
#1
There are roughly 8 moneymakers in Argentina
1: Soja
2: Weed
3: Corn
4: Meat
5: Tourism
6: Petrol industry
7: Mining
8: Construction

Soja, corn and weed are on an all-time high in prices which can't be maintained because of the global economy. Meat export is not allowed. There is no investment in the mining and petrol industries thus making Argentina an importcountry instead of an export country, tourism will soon decline and the contruction is a boom and will soon bust.
So actually how does Argentina have an future?
 
#3
I gave what you said a little thought and then went info searching, looks to me like Argentina is exported for $46,000 million in 2006 and imported for $31,690 million which makes it what one could call an export country if I am not mistaken. I am also curious, what is this talk of yours regarding weed?
 
P

Paul_NL

Guest
#4
"Elpanada" said:
I gave what you said a little thought and then went info searching, looks to me like Argentina is exported for $46,000 million in 2006 and imported for $31,690 million which makes it what one could call an export country if I am not mistaken.
I am also curious, what is this talk of yours regarding weed?
Wheat, sorry.
You are right that Argentina exports more then they import now but you need to take in a account that
1) Argentina basically exports primary products with litle or no value added and mainly imports high quality products. The ratio right now is around 1 to 3. For every kilo(2 pounds) imported they need to export 3 kilo's. I don't think that many countries have a rate like that
2) 2006 had an all-time high in prices for primary products like wheat, corn and soja. It's not that hard to imagine what would happen if prices go down
3) Argentina is an export country of petrol and natural gas now but the expectations that in 2008 Argentina will have to import natural gas and petrol, which makes inflation go higher(Petrol and natural gas is sold below cost-price now) or it wil eat up the surplus the State now has.
4) World bank is predicting a recession in 2008 and they say Argentina is hiding the sytoms of a heatinhg.
 
#5
Paul, We must have different sources of information regarding the source of income from exports in Argentina.

I have read numerous articles based on statistics that assure that industrial product exports are growing ... that 73% of exports have some degree of manufacturing (ok a lot agro-industry like soya oil, wine, and such but they are still processed foodstuffs-not commodities). Give me some time to sort out the info and I will post the statistics /link to statistics...
 
P

Paul_NL

Guest
#6
"Bairesgirl" said:
Paul, We must have different sources of information regarding the source of income from exports in Argentina.



I have read numerous articles based on statistics that assure that industrial product exports are growing ... that 73% of exports have some degree of manufacturing (ok a lot agro-industry like soya oil, wine, and such but they are still processed foodstuffs-not commodities). Give me some time to sort out the info and I will post the statistics /link to statistics...
True, but industry is still almost non-existent.
You know for example where your milanesa you eat every day is produced? It's most likely not Argentina

 
#7
3. Yes if the country grows a need to import gases and petrol that won't serve anyone.

4. The World bank is not credible, its credibility is atleast far from my expert forum opinion. Seriously though all sorts of people, companys and institutions are making all sorts of crazy predictions and I couldn't care less what the world bank is saying about a possible recession and symptoms of heating.
 
P

Paul_NL

Guest
#8
"Elpanada" said:
3. Yes if the country grows a need to import gases and petrol that won't serve anyone.

4. The World bank is not credible, its credibility is atleast far from my expert forum opinion. Seriously though all sorts of people, companys and institutions are making all sorts of crazy predictions and I couldn't care less what the world bank is saying about a possible recession and symptoms of heating.
What do you mean with 3?
Yes, you are right world bank is retarded, just ask Kirchner

 
#9
I meant " You've got a point there with 3. "

That stuff that comes from the world bank is just babbling really similar to those things that came from Goldmansachs regarding peak oil.
 
P

Paul_NL

Guest
#10
"Elpanada" said:
I meant " You've got a point there with 3. "

That stuff that comes from the world bank is just babbling really similar to those things that came from Goldmansachs regarding peak oil.
You are right, retards who are clueless

 
Status
Not open for further replies.