The Hypocricy Of Alicia Castro

Gringoboy

Registered
I'm certainly not a dyed in the wool K supporter, but even I'm prepared to put that leaning to one side when reading an op ed regarding those islands down south, no matter who writes it.
The Argentine ambassador's recent effort in the Independent and reproduced in the Buenos Aires Herald reads like some knee jerk reaction to a non event that will only be remembered for that very reason alone.
Also, the fact that the BBC have stood by Clarkson on this issue, in spite of the fact that FKL was clearly no coincidence, shows that it all plays quite nicely in the ongoing dispute and is perhaps viewed by HMG as, let it happen on purpose, hence their silence. Clarkson's doing their work for them.
But I digress....
The essence of Ms Castro's thrust is: 'We would and have never done anything to provoke the British, we're the good guys....', conveniently forgetting her government's efforts to block any harmony on the Falklands issue, not to mention their pronouncements of reprisals on drilling near the islands.
It's also clear that she needs to double check her facts: sinking the Belgrano was not the action that triggered the war; it was the April invasion itself.
It's a very dull read, but here it is:
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/172113/a-tv-showman-tried-to-portray-argentinians-as-savages

In international affairs, there are all kinds of fascinating sovereignty questions that should be solved urgently: Kashmir, Guantánamo, Cyprus, Palestine, Western Sahara... The Malvinas/Falklands wouldn't even make the extended list; it's a boring, cut-and dry, case-closed issue.

Yet it remains a constant focus of obsession for the Argentine Government and folks on this forum. Seriously, debating salads and maple syrup is more engaging than this topic.

IMHO, Mme Castro is the equivalent of an internet troll, and as we all know the best way to kill the troll is to ignore it.

In international affairs, there are all kinds of fascinating sovereignty questions that should be solved urgently: Kashmir, Guantánamo, Cyprus, Palestine, Western Sahara... The Malvinas/Falklands wouldn't even make the extended list; it's a boring, cut-and dry, case-closed issue.

Yet it remains a constant focus of obsession for the Argentine Government and folks on this forum. Seriously, debating salads and maple syrup is more engaging than this topic.

IMHO, Mme Castro is the equivalent of an internet troll, and as we all know the best way to kill the troll is to ignore it.

Nooooo!! Feed the trolls, let them grow... they are tastier to eat once fattened up :) :)

I'm with you, Mr Rooney. And how sad that a government will align itself with the cause of a regime which murdered tens of thousands of its own people - and of course the followers pay no attention. Smoke and mirrors.

Back