The Islamophobic crusade

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/n...ay-bomb-kills-two-police-in-southern-Thailand
Pattani, Thailand - A bomb killed two policemen and wounded four other officers Saturday in Thailand's violence-wracked Narathiwat province where separatists had vowed to disrupt the New Year festivities...
The deep South has been the scene of persistent violence since January 2004 when Muslim militants raided an army weapons depot in Pattani and made off with 300 rifles...
The raid prompted several government crackdowns on the region's long-simmering separatist movement. It is fuelled by a sense of religious, cultural and ethnic alienation from the predominantly Buddhist Thai state by local residents, who have more in common with neighbouring Malaysia.
http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFTRE6BU2HZ20110101
ABUJA (Reuters) - A bomb at a crowded market in Nigeria's capital Abuja killed at least four people and injured more than a dozen during New Year's Eve celebrations late on Friday.
President Goodluck Jonathan blamed the blast on an Islamist group that claimed responsibility for bombings on Christmas Eve in central Nigeria that killed at least 80 people, and urged the security forces to track down those responsible.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90783/91321/7248526.html
2nd bomb explosion hits Abuja church:15:59, January 01, 2011
Reports reaching Xinhua have confirmed that the 2nd bomb exploded at the Dunamis church in Jikowyi, a suburb in Abuja.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/12/31/106043/new-iraqi-government-seen-as-setback.html
"Only one woman was named to Maliki's 42-member cabinet, sparking an outcry in a country that once was a beacon for women's rights in the Arab world and adding to an ongoing struggle over the identity of the new Iraq...Whether this fledgling nation becomes a liberal democracy or an Islamist-led patriarchy might well be judged by the place it affords its women.

After Maliki announced his lineup, Alaa Talabani, a female lawmaker from the northern Kurdistan region, delivered a rousing condemnation of the selection process to a packed legislative chamber."The Iraqi women feel today, more than any other day, that democracy in Iraq has been slaughtered by discrimination, just as it was slaughtered by sectarianism before," Talabani said, her voice quaking with emotion.

Iraqi women are finding their hard-won freedoms limited by a society increasingly governed by religious conservatives. Many Iraqis say that politicians at the local and provincial levels, whether they hail from Islamist parties or merely take cues from them, are putting pressure on women to circumscribe their public role."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...n-drug-gangs-funding-al-Qaeda-terrorists.html
South American drugs gangs are providing millions of pounds of funding for al-Qaeda terrorists by paying them to ensure the safe passage of cocaine across north Africa and towards Europe.

"AQIM is an independent unit of al-Qaeda and does not share the monies with al-Qaeda central but is looking to pull off terror attacks on its own in Europe."
AQIM first emerged under a different name as an Islamic resistance group opposed to Algeria's secular government in the early 1990s and was behind numerous suicide bombings and ambushes.
It declared allegiance to al-Qaeda as early as 2003 and Ayman al-Zawahiri, the terrorist network's second in command, officially approved the 'merger' in 2006.
Terrorists linked to al-Qaeda in north Africa have made $130m (£84m) from helping drugs gangs and kidnap ransoms since 2007, according to one report citing an investigation by the Algerian government.

AQIM has since spread it's operations further south to the Sahara and the borders with Mali, Niger and Mauritania.
Counter-terrorism officials in Europe and the United States fear that the Sahara is fast becoming a safe haven for the activities of Islamic terrorists, along the lines of Somalia and Yemen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/w...agewanted=1&_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha22
"The dearth of jobs and prospects in the north helps drive the region’s twin ills — narcotics trafficking and Islamic radicalism."...

"Mali does not deny that an estimated 200 to 300 fighters from Al Qaeda of the Islamic Maghreb (Maghreb being the Arabic term for west) have found a perch in their desert, although most are believed to be Mauritanians and Algerians."...

"In recent years, the Qaeda affiliate has left a trail of violence across Mauritania, Niger, Algeria and Mali, taking aim at tourists, expatriate workers, local residents and security forces. Hostages taken in the porous border regions have been executed or ransomed. Five French and two African workers kidnapped in Niger last September are believed to be held in northern Mali."...

"Aside from collecting ransoms for hostages, Al Qaeda is believed to be financing its operations by exacting tolls from drug smugglers and traffickers in arms, humans and illicit goods."

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/01/j...-jews-251-hate-crimes-against-muslims-11.html

Just-released New York 2009 report: Hate crimes against Jews: 251. Hate crimes against Muslims: 11.

And yet we endlessly hear about "Islamophobia," as if Muslims were huddled in their homes, cowering in the darkness as roving bands of Islamophobes marauded outside, throttling any hapless Believers who dared to stray outside. In reality, Jews are far more likely to be victimized in hate attacks -- and yet there is no hand-wringing, there are no official statements of outrage and solidarity, there are no seminars or webinars or earnest talking-head discussions about the rise in antisemitism.
Yet more evidence that the "rise in Islamophobia" theme that the mainstream media keeps returning to is just a shell game to divert attention from Islamic jihad violence and supremacism: "NY sees a surge in hate," by Fredric U. Dicker for the New York Post, December 31

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/03/world/africa/03sudan.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha22
"The stakes are so high that neither side, the Islamist northern government or the former rebels who lead southern Sudan, seems to want to be sucked into a war again, or at least to start one. Over the past year, there has been such a steady drumbeat of Armageddon predictions that most potential problems have already been prepared for and Western diplomats have spent countless hours counseling both sides. The stage is now set for the vote to be historic and highly emotional, but not catastrophic.
Both sides, according to many analysts, are more pragmatic than they are often given credit for. Despite being portrayed as careless brutes in many Western countries, the Islamist cabal that controls Sudan, starting with Mr. Bashir, has shown surprising elasticity.
Mr. Bashir has been indicted by the International Criminal Court on genocide charges, the United States and the United Nations have imposed sanctions on northern Sudan and the rebellion in Darfur continues to grind on. But Mr. Bashir and company remain firmly in control in Khartoum, the capital, which continues to get hefty diplomatic and financial support from China and the Arab world. And now they seem especially eager to normalize relations with the West and know that interference with the referendum would torpedo any chance of that happening.

...the good news is that the orthodox Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt and Egypt's top cleric, the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Ahmed al-Tayeb, both condemned the attack. The bad news is that the spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood ruined it by accusing Israel of the bombing http://www.arabmonitor.info/news/dettaglio.php?idnews=32527&lang=en and the Grand Imam told the Pope (who had earlier asked Egypt to do more to protect its Christian citizens) not to meddle in Egypt's domestic issues.http://www.ennaharonline.com/en/international/5469.html

Poor Juan Cole doe
sn't know how to cover for these two...
http://www.juancole.com/2011/01/christian-crowds-protest-violently-in-egypt.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+juancole%2Fymbn+%28Informed+Comment%29&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

OUT OF SEQUENCE REPLY TO DEADLEGS BECAUSE PERRY IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO POST;
JAN 9 @ 7:58

I'm writing for you and anyone else who cares to discuss the issues. Please join in. It's an open forum. At least it was until the administrator's ego got bruised.
Do you believe my posts are not responsive to the topic? Most are simply reporting news stories from around the world on events germane to the subject. I have not authored that much.
Now aside from criticizing me for bringing a measure of information to this otherwise brain dead site, what have you to contribute that is relevant to the topic?
iT IS ABSURD THAT PERRY AND BIG BAD LAMB CONTINUALLY CALL ME A LIAR, A HYPOCRIT, A LOON, NARROW MINDED, ETC BUT PERRY THEN REFUSES ME THE RIGHT TO POST REBUTTALS. ANY INTELLIGENT PERSON READING THIS SHOULD REALIZE JUST WHAT IS GOING ON. THESE GUYS ARE BOTH SORE LOSERS. ADIOS, BAEXPATS.

Darmanad, who are you writing for? For me there is so much content it is like you are compiling a dissertation or something. It may well be worth you editing yourself somewhat to give space for other people to join in an open debate rather than having to wade through mountains of content without space to breathe. I was just shocked when looking at this thread to see 27 posts and 26 of them all being written by yourself. I don't know if you have a blog but may I suggest that would be a good place for you to put all this stuff and save this forum for a more concise form of your thoughts.

deadlegs said:
Darmanad, who are you writing for? For me there is so much content it is like you are compiling a dissertation or something. It may well be worth you editing yourself somewhat to give space for other people to join in an open debate rather than having to wade through mountains of content without space to breathe. I was just shocked when looking at this thread to see 27 posts and 26 of them all being written by yourself. I don't know if you have a blog but may I suggest that would be a good place for you to put all this stuff and save this forum for a more concise form of your thoughts.
I'm writing for you and anyone else who cares to discuss the issues. Please join in. It's an open forum. At least it was until the administrator's ego got bruised.
Do you believe my posts are not responsive to the topic? Most are simply reporting news stories from around the world on events germane to the subject. I have not authored that much.
Now aside from criticizing me for bringing a measure of information to this otherwise brain dead site, what have you to contribute that is relevant to the topic?

darmanad said:
i'm writing for you and anyone else who cares to discuss the issues. Please join in. It's an open forum. At least it was until the administrator's ego got bruised.

writing 26 out of 27 replies that are designed to spread propagandic thoughts and selected news stories that suit your interests is not information but spam of the worst kind.

Your compulsive agressive personality is plainly obvious from your comments here in regards to the members and your inflated opinions .

This is a free site open to all members and will not be dominated by one person and his ideas.....................

Back