The New, Investor-Friendly Argentina (Warning: Politics)

AmigoArtistico

Registered
The government has made it a priority to attract new foreign investment capital.

To do this, among other things, it has:
  • Attacked the country's businesses as destabilizers (an extremely serious accusation)
  • Called them traitors and antipatriotic
  • Fined them for breaking voluntary agreements after the govt pulled a surprise 20% devaluation
  • Encouraged citizens (by its rhetoric) to demonize and picket businesses and business leaders: (e.g., Tensión en una marcha de Quebracho contra el supermercado Coto por los precios: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1665431-quebracho-coto)
Perhaps, understanding that these measures have not been enough to show how business-friendly the new Argentina is, the government is now considering the creation of laws to limit profits.

Analizan una ley para regular la rentabilidad de las empresas

I think we can expect billions of dollars of new foreign capital to begin rolling in any day now.

Hi,

Two good ways to get more likes than posts in this forum is to bash Argentine culture and the K's.

Interesting.

Cheers!

This is SO true.

I think allthough that might be a common behavior among expats groups everywhere.

This is SO true.

I think allthough that might be a common behavior among expats groups everywhere.

Hi,

Two good ways to get more likes than posts in this forum is to bash Argentine culture and the K's.

Interesting.

Cheers!

Examples of bashing Argentine culture?

I guess a majority dont like FpV / Kampora on the whole on the forum, starting to look like a statistically accurate position amongst locals and ex-pats alike.

Since you're here, where do you stand? So far all we see is sniping from the sidelines and emoticons.

Hi,

Interesting.

Cheers!

I don't see that criticizing economic policy is bashing the culture. I don't know if the Ks deserve bashing or not. Are you saying that the Ks were not responsible for the cited policies or that the cited policies have worked well?

Bob

Back