The on-going Cablevision saga

Eternalnewbie

Registered
Just off the phone with the fine folks over at Cablevision. There is a new story from them now. Each time I called for service over the last week, daily, i was told the problem was being fixed remotely and should be up and working in 2 hours. Today's story: Look, it's not going to get fixed because we're going out of business.

I have had Cablevision for almost two years. I decided to add HD after buying a Sony Bravia HDTV. I waited 9 days for an installer, who appeared only 3 hours later than the window they gave, and did the installation on the 3rd. It didn't work, and the technician left before that became evident. Multiple daily calls -- it will be up in about 2 hours -- went of the 4th, 5th, 6th -- then the weekend, and calls on the 9th ... the HD service loaded its data and begin working the morning of the 10th, 7 days after installation. It was nice and worked fine. Until the 17th, went the entire cable went off, leaving only the message "temporarily off air, check back later." Six days later, after the usual it will be up in about 2 hours daily calls, today I am informed to essentially forget about it, it's not going to get fixed, we're going out of business.

I had already ordered DirectTV last Friday, so it's moot, but just thought this was worth noting here.

I am a native Argie who has lived many years in the states. Sorry to hear of your experience. At least you resolved your issue rather than continue to wait for tech service, poor or otherwise.

The response you received from customer service may not be an isolated event. It sounds to me like the response of an angry employee who perceives that the company is about to "screw him over". No excuse, but it's not an uncommon thinking pattern....
A. Who cares about your problem....I have a bigger problem to deal with..unemployment.
B. Who cares if you are an American and own a Sony Bravia HDTV.

I am still waiting for my tech visit for a different issue. My connection went off last Monday for 8 hrs. The rep said that it was due to a "weak signal". He gave me an appt for last Friday in the afternoon. At 6.00pm they called to say the tech would be coming at 8.00pm. I declined and said I would call again after the weekend.

I just read your post and called Fibertel. My appt was re-scheduled for tomorrow morning. The rep was pleasant and no mention was made "about going out of business". Maybe I will have better luck.

Back