The Pill

I agree with the suggestion of taking the pill box to the pharmacy so that they can give you an equivalent with the same hormones and dosage. Also, you could always contact the local office of Bayer and check if you can find the same pill you are taking and where, in case you have trouble finding it. Do you have health insurance? If you do, you can go to a gynecologist and get a prescription so that the insurance will cover (at least part of) the cost, it that is an issue. For example, Osde gives 100% coverage on birth control, and the doc can give you a prescription for 3 months so it's less of a hassle.

I agree with the suggestion of taking the pill box to the pharmacy so that they can give you an equivalent with the same hormones and dosage. Also, you could always contact the local office of Bayer and check if you can find the same pill you are taking and where, in case you have trouble finding it. Do you have health insurance? If you do, you can go to a gynecologist and get a prescription so that the insurance will cover (at least part of) the cost, it that is an issue. For example, Osde gives 100% coverage on birth control, and the doc can give you a prescription for 3 months so it's less of a hassle.

The pill that she takes is called Gynovin (Femodine) and is made by Bayer and you can get it in a pharmacy here. The ingredients and the dosis are the following:

gynovin etinilestradiol + gestodeno Blst. Grag. x 21 bayer (bsp) $ 101.43

Do you feel safe?

https://au.lifestyle...l-side-effects/

I used to take Yasmin, but after I suspended it I got hospitalized with terrible vertigos and spent three months in bed with dizziness every other day. It was a nightmare.
This was in 2007.
Actually, I just stopped taking it two months ago after 10 years on it (18-28) as I started to get bad headaches and I was sure it made me depressed, the only reason I stayed on it was because it helped my skin and I was worried if I stopped taking it then my skin would revert to a 15 year old. I haven't had any bad headaches and or crazy mid month crying fits, but that may be just the placebo affect of knowing I am not on it. I have noticed the past couple of weeks my head feels a weird pressure and for a couple of seconds I feel dizzy but I didn't connect the two. I am not taking anything at the moment as I want to give my body a break, just having to be extra safe with the arg....and having just read that article I am definitely not going back on Yasmin!!!

Charlotte, you can get a discount buying the pill if you go to farmacia panacea (25% 0ff) or farmacia leloir, at the corner of larrea and berutti, near hospital aleman (27% off).

Actually, I just stopped taking it two months ago after 10 years on it (18-28) as I started to get bad headaches and I was sure it made me depressed, the only reason I stayed on it was because it helped my skin and I was worried if I stopped taking it then my skin would revert to a 15 year old. I haven't had any bad headaches and or crazy mid month crying fits, but that may be just the placebo affect of knowing I am not on it. I have noticed the past couple of weeks my head feels a weird pressure and for a couple of seconds I feel dizzy but I didn't connect the two. I am not taking anything at the moment as I want to give my body a break, just having to be extra safe with the arg....and having just read that article I am definitely not going back on Yasmin!!!
I am sorry that you had problems or side effects, but when you are under treatment with this kind of medication, you should be carefull taking one or two breaks per year with the purpose to avoid the health issues you mentioned above.

Thanks so much! Will definitely ask for Femodene as I don't want to have any weird affects from another type.

Thanks again ladies!

I used to take the Pill when I was younger and stopped the past few years. Tried a few different ones the last year and they all gave me low-libido and a weird lack of emotions like anti-depressants would do.

Now I tried the Ring (just one month in) and I really like it! Because of all the time I spent off the pill, I realized that I get emotional around PMS time, so I'm not blaming the ring even though PMS was pretty bad; it was pretty much the same as not being on anything. I don't know if the dosage is lower but the ring is super convenient and I haven't had any of the side effects that people warn about. Only draw back is the price; it's 250 normal and 150 with my insurance helping (but I have to go to the doctor's office to pick up a Rx every 2 months)

I am sorry that you had problems or side effects, but when you are under treatment with this kind of medication, you should be carefull taking one or two breaks per year with the purpose to avoid the health issues you mentioned above.

I hope no one out there actually believes this ridiculous comment. If you have unpleasant side effects, you need to talk to your doctor and/or try something else, not take multiple breaks a year. What on earth...

Back