The Princess Bride this THURSDAY (San Telmo)

Napoleon

Registered
For anyone who finds themselves muttering "Mahwidge" everytime you hear someone say "marriage". Or "but I'm not left-handed", "as you wish", "Rodents Of Unusual Size?... I don't think they exist.", "oh no, not the kissing again", "the 6 fingered man", or "Have fun stormin' the castle" (every time your roommate leaves the apartment), then this Thursday there is a film for you.The Argentimes Film Cycle Begins with...

The Princess Bride!

Thursday, April 8, 2010
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Che y Bacana Bar, Defensa 1344, San Telmo

"The Argentimes is proud to present...

A monthly film cycle! Starting with the incredible The Princess Bride.

An eighties classic, it's a fairy tale with swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing (as read by a kindly grandfather). Check out the full synopsis at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/ (but make sure you don't read too much that it spoils the twist!).

Starting at 8, come down to the beautiful Che y Bacana bar in San Telmo, and sit yourself in the softly lit, tree surrounded patio. The film will be in English with Spanish subtitles.

Only $15 to watch which includes a drink, and there will be some extremely tasty food available too."

And remember- "True Love is the greatest thing in the world... Except for a nice MLT: a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky, I love that."

vizzini-face.jpg

STOP RHYMING AND I MEAN IT!

They survived the Fire Swamp

fire-swamp.jpg

...only to run into THESE GUYS...

christopher_guest9.jpg

And after this guy got through with sucking the life out of Westley/The Man In Black/The Dread Pirate Roberts...

albino.jpg

Only THIS GUY could come up with a miracle to save him.

MiracleMax.jpg

...of course that was because Westley was only mostly dead.

Showtime is in less than 75 minutes. Dale che! Dale, dale!

Argh. I wish I wasn't stuck at work.

"sleep well, and dream of large women"

Fairly well attended. Not too cold yet. (Next month through October could be "fun".) It was as great as ever.

princessbride.jpg

Their love's like a storybook story.

Back