The Queen Speaks

Markgeezer said:
robinho9 said:
Some Falklanders/visitors might use AA for a flight from Bs As, because they could connect in EZE with a direct flight from LHR. It would involve a 2 leg flight instead of the current 5-6 leg flight and save at least 8 hours of flight time (my calculation) which would be appealing. Still, I'll believe it if it ever happens.

i agree to some extend but using one airline network (in that case ONE WORLD) you´ll get better deals and more miles. And Santiago is quite well connected to Europe and the USA too.
Aerolineas Argentinas will charge foreigners a lot for their flights.
Anyway, like you said, no need to discuss it further because it`s just bullshit talk anyway and it will never happen.
Please, CFK, put that money somewhere else - to the people that need it!!

robinho9 said:
Markgeezer said:
>>>Aerolineas Argentinas will charge foreigners a lot for their flights.

Yes, but so do LAN... the return flight from Rio Gallegos to Mount Pleasant is usually now around USD 860 or so, if you can get your head around that figure, and the flight time is 1 hour 15 minutes.

Curiously Aerolineas was pending approval to join the Sky Team alliance (Delta, Air France, etc) and is still boasting about it on their web site and ALTA magazine.
This would have given them a great deal of clout as well as the possibility to expand their network to include important hubs worldwide.
The Delta web site and SKY magazine has quietly removed any and all mention of Aerolineas. I am guessing the alliance wasn´t approved, and an insider at Delta told me it had to do with the fact that Aerolineas is so CFK managed that it´s impossible to do any business with them.

Doen´t the Falklands government need to be a part of this process or does Argentina think the islanders can and will accept Argentina flights? I imagine the islanders can say no, right? By the way, when is LAN scheduled to stop flights?

Nope, since they are a foreign colonial force implanted in the islands. CFK is not doing this for electoral reasons, she is doing it because the timing is right. With the European economic meltdown, it will be difficult for the UK to maintain its remaining colonies (the "Falklands" only?). The islands belong to us, and the fact that Chile helps the pirates explain why Chile is disliked in all the region.

On top of being disgusting to look at and very irritating to listen to, this woman is a megalomaniac trying to run a country on hormones and spite. Please Argentina...........flush it.

JoeGillis said:
AA is the carrier code for American Airlines. AR is Aerolineas Argentinas.

But how can they call themselves AMERICAN Airlines, when all western hemisphere based airlines are inherently "American"?

Napoleon said:
But how can they call themselves AMERICAN Airlines, when all western hemisphere based airlines are inherently "American"?

I do believe they registered the trade mark several years ago.........

Napoleon said:

strong one gets the name!

Back