The Quiet Exodus

There was a change in the laws regarding responsibility and financial institutions. Those companies were afraid of being caught. It is better for us if they leave and never come back. The peso will not crash. Expats that want to live a high-class lifestyle with their dollars, however...

marksoc said:
There was a change in the laws regarding responsibility and financial institutions. Those companies were afraid of being caught. It is better for us if they leave and never come back. The peso will not crash. Expats that want to live a high-class lifestyle with their dollars, however...

Caught for what? Hiding the money Cristina has outside of Argentina?

Is it something in the food ? Why is it that some argentines think that companies that invest AND RISK n ammount of dollars in this country are the enemy that is hell bent of raping the economy of the country ??
Its so tragic too , because a good ammount of argentines have zero faith that their own country will ever rise up out the the mud , yet they bash companies that actually BET on argentina as a good investment.
Truly bizzaroramalamadingdong
The peso wont crash? .. Methinks it just might

The drought could be a problem.

I've thought that there won't be a crash again, because things are being handled differently than in the past. Not necessarily better (I'm not an economist), but differently. And as long as there are hungry mouths around the world (and there are more born every day), then Argentina is always going to be fine. But that's if crops continue to grow. And that's not totally the case right now. I was out in farm country over Christmas and although the corn looked fine to me, supposed it was much shorter than it should have been. So maybe the crop won't be as strong. And if that's the case, that may have an effect on something. What? I don't know. I'm not a farmer, an economist, or a currency/futures trader.

But anyway, things are a little different than they have been. That's all I'm saying here.

Where I live you see allot of things regarding agro that make your skin crawl.
Ok , so every farmer and cattle herder is bitching and yelling that the sky is falling because of the drought.
How many fields planted with whatever crop do you see that has an irrigation infrastructure ?
Here the gauchos take their cows on public roads and squat on your friggen corner . When u ask them why , they say , oh , because Im poor and dont have a campo . HEY !! the the frack out of that buissines sthen , cuz u aint got whatcha need to raise cattle ferchrissake ! Since I have been here , I have seen cattle abandoned in situ left to die . Oh , and they dont die in a day , it takes the usualy a week or 2 to die. Its a horrible scene . NEVER will these bastards call in a vet . No l , they leave them to die as a sick punishment that now they wont be able to sell them for slaughter.
I sonder about these people sometimes !
IF YA WANNA PLANT CRPS YA GOTTA WATER IT . IF YA WANNA RAISE CATTLE YA GOTS TO FEED THEM !!!

Fabe said:
Where I live you see allot of things regarding agro that make your skin crawl.
Ok , so every farmer and cattle herder is bitching and yelling that the sky is falling because of the drought.
How many fields planted with whatever crop do you see that has an irrigation infrastructure ?
Here the gauchos take their cows on public roads and squat on your friggen corner . When u ask them why , they say , oh , because Im poor and dont have a campo . HEY !! the the frack out of that buissines sthen , cuz u aint got whatcha need to raise cattle ferchrissake ! Since I have been here , I have seen cattle abandoned in situ left to die . Oh , and they dont die in a day , it takes the usualy a week or 2 to die. Its a horrible scene . NEVER will these bastards call in a vet . No l , they leave them to die as a sick punishment that now they wont be able to sell them for slaughter.
I sonder about these people sometimes !
IF YA WANNA PLANT CRPS YA GOTTA WATER IT . IF YA WANNA RAISE CATTLE YA GOTS TO FEED THEM !!!

You really are a thick ignorant wanker!!!!

Miles Lewis said:
You really are a thick ignorant wanker!!!!
Regardless of the grammar and spelling the content is accurate.

Miles , what part of my post stirred such a reply from you ?
Was it the pursposly new york inflection of my last line ?
Or was it the content ?
Like some have suggested , you can suggest I leave if I dont like it , but if i leave the status quo will remain .
These things DO happen , they HAVE happened for the last 200 years.
You cant complain that you lost your crops if you made zero provisions for irrigation.
And that is how things are done here for the most part . They prefer to gamble on possible drought than to spend the 3000 pesos that a well costs.
So Ill take your disgusting insult , and wear it like a badge

Back