The Real Macri:

I'm paying 4 dollars for electricity per month and don't even have gas. If that's not free shit I don't know what is ;)

I still do not understand why people here prefer to pay for a service, entretainment, etc and that way, enrich a private company, and not get it for free.

See the last post about futbol para todos where I explained it to you.

And of course, you're showing the hate on businesses that we're talking about. Depend on the government where they dole out little bits of free crap and don't give any incentive to produce. Let Mama take care of you and everything's all right.

Edit: Private companies are also in business to make money, but they EMPLOY people. The more businesses you have that are in competition and employing people, the more opportunities there are. Simple, but the truth.

The government does not create wealth, it merely skims off the top.

I agree. The government shouldn't be in the business of televising football games. What else?

Precios Cuidados, LCD para todos, Electricity and Gas subsidies to everyone, Free possible death train rides, huge subsidies to shitty transport companies, Subsidizing Aerolineas Argentinas, Subsidizing companies in Tierra del Fuego, Subsidized Big Macs etc etc

I still do not understand why people here prefer to pay for a service, entretainment, etc and that way, enrich a private company, and not get it for free.

Matias, I answered this question last time, or rather asked you a simple if lengthy question in return. I'll quote it again for you, with prior conversation for context:

It's because you are resistant to logic. We explained several times that your thinking 'I get something for free' is deeply flawed, but you still don't seem to understand it... Argentines also like dulce de leche, fernet, mate, carne, ... - why not give them that too if everything is 'for free'? We don't want that evil companies sell it to them and suck the working class money, do we?

this is what we call chicana, cause one thing is to produce a good and expropiate, and other is to approach a service, subject to a mafious agreement with AFA. Your option by default is that a company should have the futbol, and not the people, as it used to be, as it must be.

Matias. Any company can be 'mafious' whether it creates a good or provides a service. And everything costs money, be it a good or a service, and that money gets paid by someone, be it the consumer or the government - and therefore everybody.

Try to see if you man make a coherent argument - without using words like mafia, which could apply to anyone (football companies, mate companies, or even airlines, state-owned or otherwise) -

regarding why it's normal for the government to pay for football, instead of the private sector taking care of that for money,
and why
don't you think - yet? - that the government should also pay for mate para todos, instead of the private sector taking care of that for money.

In other words, why should I have to pay for your watching football, even though I never watched a game in my life and possibly never will,
and why shouldn't I then also have to pay for your free mate/carne.

All of this talk of "free shit" -- Will someone give some concrete examples?

Get paid to have babies.

Get subsidies for gas, electricity and public transportation.

Get paid by law an extra month out of each year.

Futbol para todos.

Choripan para votos.

That took me 5 seconds to think of those off the top of my head.

Get paid to have babies.

Futbol para todos.

Choripan para votos.

ElQueso, you're a bit of a radical on this subject -- don't take the term offensively, because that's not my intent at all. I just think it's quite obvious that on this forum you're opposed to any form of taxation and believe that everyone should pull themselves up by her/his own bootstraps, and, well, if one doesn't have bootstraps, figure something out... no?

The Universal Child Credit is a benefit that many countries around the world have implemented due to its positive effects on child health and education. It's an extra incentive, and unless you have 10 kids, you don't even have enough to earn the salario vital y móvil.

The government's policy on subsidizing energy and transport is aimed at stimulating demand in the economy. While I do believe that the subsidies should be better targeted, I do not have a problem with them overall.

Getting paid an extra month? Businesses factor that into the overall cost of the employee. There's no free lunch here.

I agree on Fútbol Para Todos. At the same time, I support the government's subsidies for the arts.

Choripán para votos? Yawn. Any more cliché "free shit"? :)

Get paid to have babies.

Futbol para todos.

Choripan para votos.

I agree in general, but disagree on specifics. The child allowance can be justifiable, but much depends on execution.

Get paid to have babies.

Queso, it is rare that I disagree with you in general, and certainly as virulently as I do here. But I strongly object to this example, in both tone and substance - maybe more in tone than even in substance.

Providing a stipend to families with children is not having people 'get paid to have babies'. Disregarding even that unless your standard of life is low indeed, the stipend will not cover the cost of said babies, and certainly does not cover the life commitment, in short baby-having does not become a profitable industry even with the ANSES stipend -

The deeper issue is that assuming anyone ought to be getting the government's help, families with children should be near the top of the list. I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the beautiful things about this country is the near-universal respect afforded to children and parents. This should be celebrated, not denigrated. 'Get paid to have babies' - really? Not nice.

UPDATE: Ajo above beat me to the punch in far fewer words.

Back