The Real Macri:

I am not a Cristina fan, but Patricio Navia makes a good case for her political acumen: http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/195016/learning-from-cristina

Yeah but political acumen just helps you get what you want, whether it's good for the country or not.

This country has no good options for president it would seem to me. While people continue to demand free shit and work as little as possible to "enjoy life" nothing will change. It will be a battle between populist and business concerns. With everyone here hating on businesses, and the business candidates surely being as corrupt as the populist candidates, it's all a disaster waiting to continue.

I have a good friend who has recently received his citizenship. A very honest man. He's going to abstain for voting because he feels that people like Cristina are wonderful for him, even while being bad for the country, because as someone else mentioned previously...blue dollar, blue dollar blue dollar. He doesn't want to vote what he knows is bad for the country, but he'll just let it keep coming as it is and profit off the dollars he earns.

He may not be as bad as Cristina, but that hardly makes him a good guy.
I don't think any politicians are good guys... It's a matter of choosing the one who is the least shit. In this case Macri is the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately too many in this country want FREE SHIT and that means they will vote for the candidate most likely to give handouts and continue anti-business policies.

Yeah but political acumen just helps you get what you want, whether it's good for the country or not.

I don't disagree with you, but I do think many people have been too quick to write her off because of long-term implications. She doesn't care about long-term, so long as it happens with someone else in office.

Underestimating her has been a mistake.

I don't think any politicians are good guys... It's a matter of choosing the one who is the least shit. In this case Macri is the lesser of two evils.
From the viewpoint of the FSA (Free Shit Army), Macri is the one who is the most shit because he'll be doling out less free shit.

From the viewpoint of the FSA (Free Shit Army), Macri is the one who is the most shit because he'll be doling out less free shit.

Or so he claims. I doubt he will be dolling out less free shit. He might, at most, dole out free shit to less people.

Back