The vicepresident's murder attempt

The gunman "didn't miss". He did not rack the slide to put the first round into the chamber as is required with all semi automatic pistols. As such he pulled the trigger and the gun did not fire. He either didn't know how to use a semi auto pistols, got nervous and forgot to rack the slide, or never intended to actually fire a shot.

Pretty incredible. Were there other moves that happened at the same time? Was it a lone guy or was he part of a group?

Very interesting that today becomes a national holiday - usually this happens so the government can put together a range of measures and/ or announce something bigger. What worries me is the escalation of the governments speech against the opposition, the courts and the media putting the blame squarely at their feet. Especially in the desperate context of the VP, the government and their political faction in “survival mode” as a result of their own actions they are now trying to clean up / silence. This event by way of the governments potential response and space it creates to “step over the line” does represent a huge threat to democracy in Argentina.

Estamos obligados a recuperar la convivencia democrática que se ha quebrado por el discurso del odio que se ha esparcido desde diferentes espacios políticos, judiciales y mediáticos de la sociedad argentina…

…La Argentina no puede perder ni un minuto más. Ya no hay tiempo. Es necesario desterrar la violencia y el odio del discurso político y mediático y de nuestra vida en sociedad.

We should also remember this is not the first time since the return of democracy where a similar and unacceptable act of violence has occurred in Argentina.

My Venezuelan gf say its the same lies like her home country.
" it can not be an Argentina person who kill her, because her country loves her "

So if it was an Argentina person it would show unrest & divide. A theatrical performance.
Now a public holiday announced overnight. 🤔

Last edited:
I hadn't seen this particular angle until now.

My first thought: What is a normal reaction when someone shoves a pistol in your face? Do you recoil in horror, looking at your assailant, maybe throw your arm up in a defensive posture, or do you look at the ground as if you've dropped something? Just sayin'.

I hadn't seen this particular angle until now.

My first thought: What is a normal reaction when someone shoves a pistol in your face? Do you recoil in horror, looking at your assailant, maybe throw your arm up in a defensive posture, or do you look at the ground as if you've dropped something? Just sayin'.
In my view, it was staged to make her look like a victim. She must feel cornered, to resort to such an obvious trick.

Back