The winds of change

Binner is taking a back seat and letting the rest make a mess and letting the government make the mistakes.

He will make a stage entrance shortly and the locro on the25th as Scotttswan has pointed out should be interesting.

glasgowjohn said:
Binner is taking a back seat and letting the rest make a mess and letting the government make the mistakes.

He will make a stage entrance shortly and the locro on the25th as Scotttswan has pointed out should be interesting.

His family members are also also getting a Swiss passport, seems clear to me which way he thinks Argentina is heading to

I think many of you are trying to apply the rules of politics of other countries to Argentina. Even as the daily life of the people continues to erode, I don't think that necessarily means the current government will lose popularity. They are masters at diverting the blame to the "other," which can be Macri, Yanqui Imperialism, British Imperialism, Paraguayans, Bolivians, foreigners living in Argentina, or whatever else is convenient depending on the situation.

Of course US politicians have their own set of "others" to blame as well. The main difference I see is that a bad economy, for example will cause a shift between the republican or democratic and the the figurehead (aka POTUS) may change. But, in the end, it's still the same clowns in charge under the illusion of "change," "opposition" and "democracy."

Cristina thrives on making as much people as possible dependable on the government state for there living.

That is the main reason why foreigners basically get the Argentine citizenship when the buy a kilo of butter.

So this is the main problem that Argentina faces now in the Long term, no real opposition?

rrptownley said:
So this is the main problem that Argentina faces now in the Long term, no real opposition?

Depends on which way you look at it, for Cristina it's great for someone who wants strong institutions, rule of law, control mechanism for the senate and congress and independence of the 3 branches of government not so much

No the problems Argentina faces, in my opinion, are:

1) Apathy
2) People count on the government to solve all their problems
3) Worship and idolizing of their political class

There are other problems of course but here's my point. We can go back and forth claiming that one leader will be better than the other but if the people here don't care, then you and I can sit here and discuss this all we want, nothing's going to change.

Back