The worst pizza in the world?

If you ever travel to Tucumán, please go to Il Postino for some excellent pizza. They use a gigantic brick oven. Everything is custom prepared--the tomatoes, the sauce, the cheese--everything. The result is a great pizza.

Pizza in BA is fairly ordinary, including the pricier places like Almacen de Pizzas.

As anywhere Pizza can be as bad or as good as you want as it can happen in NY, London or even in Italy. If you buy it from a local shop its a lottery, if you go to a franchise/chain forget about eating always the same quality. Good pizza is made in few places as it happens all over the world. My best advice is to prepare it yourself with high quality ingredients, otherwhise just pray....

Hi.. here's what I've found so far:

Best Pizza in BA - Banchero restaurant (*corner of Corrientes and Talcahuanco).... one of the best pizzas I've ever had in my life. Very reasonable prices too... 1 litre Quilmes only $26 AR here as well.

Wost Pizza in BA - Cafe California in San Telmo (*Ave. Independencia and Peru)... nearly inedible, the worst of the worst. Sure they offer a 'Gran Promo' for $40 AR that includes a large pizza + 1 litre Quilmes.... let's just say you get what you pay for in this case!

Wow! I love the pizza in Argentina! The pizza and the ice cream are about the only foods i look forward to when i visit!

can't be arsed reading through but romarios do decent pizza.

my friend has recommended this place to me http://romansdeepdishpizza.com/ but i don't live in Palermo to try it.

can't be arsed reading through but romarios do decent pizza.

my friend has recommended this place to me http://romansdeepdishpizza.com/ but i don't live in Palermo to try it.

I was about to second this too! Romarios on Martinez (I think) does good pizza. Place is pretty crowded, but it was nice. Certainly not top notch, but better than other places I tried on Bs As.

Though for the life of me I cannot figure out the fascination with Faina...

I love NYC style pizza and coming here was a shock to the system.

I don't think there are any pizzerias here that are drastically worse than any Pizza hut or dominos.

I actually took time to get used to pizzas here but now that I have, they are quite good.

Stop the hate and start to appreciate the pizza culture of BA. Every city has their own take, get used to it.

The pizza in Buenos Aires that is closest to New York pizza is UGIs. It's that low cost chain of no frills pizzerías that are all over the city. When I went back to visit New York last year with my partner who is Argentine, when he tried the pizza (at a really good pizza shop in Brooklyn) he said, "this tastes like UGIs" and when I thought about it he was right! So the last time I was near one, I went in and saw them make the pizza, and it was just like in New York, they take a big ball of dough, flatten it and stretch it, toss it up a couple of times, 1 ladle full of sauce spread around in circles on the dough, then cheese on top, the only difference there is they don't use shredded mozzarella, they put a big slab in the middle then spread it around when the pizza comes out of the oven. Not great quality ingredients for sure, but if you are looking for that thin crust style, this is as close as it gets.

The oven (construction, fuel type, how it's prepped, temps, etc) is a huge factor. I've seen a few in BA somewhat like that in Italy. But it's only one factor of many, of course ingredients and skill being large ones. I'd venture to say, like much of cooking, pizza is a science, art and even a spiritual affair. Honestly, I can in my opinion taste the difference when the same pizzaiolo elsewhere making my pizza has a good day or a bad day; it's an emotion they put into the manufacture, imho.
By the way, not surprising but the pizza in Napoli is just mind blowing and I understand why. It just happens.
Also BA is naturally not Italy. Despite the immigration, times, dedications, attitudes, situations have changed.
I go to BA for other reasons so it usual does not disappoint in those regards. I stopped eating pizza in BA, it's just not worth the effort. I save the pizza eating for elsewhere. In Argentina it's other foods for me.
Just my .02 cents.

Back