These are a few of my favorite things...

sweetdee

Registered
I've been here a bit over a month now and am still having trouble finding some things, I was hoping maybe some of you could help me find these staples in my previous life!...and maybe post some things you're missing/searching for as well...could be fun.

Real Bagels
Track bike shop
Good Pizza!(preferably in Palermo)
A place to watch ice hockey(I'm not holding my breath on this one)
Indie rock/Punk/Hardcore shows or concerts
Independent movie house

mini

Registered
"Real" bagels I have yet to find. All of the ones I've tried are more like round bread! Not bad, but not the same.
What is a "track bike shop"? There are two bike shops on Scalabrini Ortiz.

sweetdee

Registered
Track bikes are bikes with no gears and often ridden without breaks similar to what you'd see used in a velodrome(like in the olympics), or in north america often used by bike messengers.

citygirl

Registered
shhh - don't talk about pizza ;) FWIW - Tonno is some of the best I've found. Bagels - haven't found any good ones yet.

flippinkittin

Registered
My snobish definition of the word bagel has been whittled down by many a sad experience here. I have seen 2 places that serve 'baguels' one is Casa Mua Soler 4202 which had bugules con semillas de sesamo (sesame seed bagels) I will add that Casa Mua also has an AMAZING playroom for kids that is attended by staff, and the other is Oui Oui on Nicaragua 6068

Indie Rock: There is a place called CBGB's that has some decent Punk/Hardcore.

sweetdee

Registered
Thanks a ton everyone for the tips! I'll be eating bagels and listening to music that sounds/looks like a drunken street brawl in no time.