They are selling stale bread

That said, our water is absolutely amazing. It's piped in from Hetch Hetchy, up in Yosemite, and you'd have to go to the Rockies or Canada for better water. Truly outstanding.

Also, on sourdough here. Boudin's is legendary but largely for the tourists. Next time you're up in SF, hit one of our many local bakeries, all of which have a sourdough. Look up Tartine, Acme, Jane, etc .
ACME is my favorite.

Also, on sourdough here. Boudin's is legendary but largely for the tourists. Next time you're up in SF, hit one of our many local bakeries, all of which have a sourdough. Look up Tartine, Acme, Jane, etc .

I'm glad someone said that. There are so many local independent options.

Though I do wish the Bay Area had a wider selection of bread types available. I really got spoiled living in Houston - Central Market has maybe 50 or 60 different "flavors", all baked in house.

I'm glad someone said that. There are so many local independent options.

Though I do wish the Bay Area had a wider selection of bread types available. I really got spoiled living in Houston - Central Market has maybe 50 or 60 different "flavors", all baked in house.
Me too...but if so, I would be tasting gleefully every variety and be 10 lbs. heavier.

Back