Third Expat Wine Group Meeting. Thursday March 17th

PhilipDT

Registered
Alright I've received a bunch of PMs regarding this next event so here are the details copy and pasted from the first event's thread.
Who: First 6-8 Expats to send me a PM.

What: A gathering of connoisseurs and winos involving tasting and chugging fine wines. Wine drinking experience suggested but in no way necessary.

Where: Casa de Philip located in southwest Balvanera. I will PM you the exact address and how to get here.

When: Thursday 17/3 from 730PM till the wine is gone.

What will be here: Stemware, Snack Food, Screwpulls and big Terrace where we can drink and be merry.

What to bring: 1 red wine in the AR~115 price range, yourself, a smile, and any additional food you may desire

Those of you who have sent me a PM will be getting a response shortly.

Attendees:

1. Philip
2. Philip Guest
3. Reserved for previous attendee
4. Reserved for previous attendee
5. barnaby33
6. sketchyblueeyes
7. ???
8. ???

Hi Phillip,

Haven't heard from you yet. I'm going to assume that Rita and I
are "reserved for previous guest". I bought what I hope is
a killer bottle for tomorrow.
See you then.

Barry

Thanks everyone for coming. As promised here are the wines we drank in the order we drank them.

1 2007 Renacer Enamore
2 2008 Pulenta IX Pinot Noir
3 2003 Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon
4 2001 Finca Filchman Dedicado
5 2006 Monte Cinco Malbec Reserve
6 2004 Famiglia Bianchi Malbec

PhilipDT said:
Thanks everyone for coming. As promised here are the wines we drank in the order we drank them.

1 2007 Renacer Enamore
2 2008 Pulenta IX Pinot Noir
3 2003 Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon
4 2001 Finca Filchman Dedicado
5 2006 Monte Cinco Malbec Reserve
6 2004 Famiglia Bianchi Malbec

And, which did you like the most ? :eek:

Seems to me that the Montelena unfairly breaks the price barrier at ARS400 or better. Still, I've seen such wines humbled many times ;-)

Count me in next time, I'll bring a nice bottle plus a "terrine campagnarde"

I watched a couple of wine tasting dates come and go without participation because of conflicting schedules.

Now I (and my wife) await the next. You certainly couldn't have run out of wines to try, so I must assume one of the following reasons;

1. The participants died of alcohol poisoning.

2. All the former members now doing the AA class in Spanish and don't have a free evening.

3. It's too cold to drink on the terrace.

Please enlighten me as to what I don't know that I don't know. Are there plans for another?

Michael

Yes I was thinking about this yesterday. I think next thusday sounds good. I'll throw up the thread.

Back