This Is Argentina

Gringoboy

Registered
Wow is all I can say.
Impressive and so Argentine!
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/

Also so happy this guy lost... Can't stand him.. The people have spoken, GOODBYE CRISTINA !! Hopefully after all this they can look into her activities while president and see what secrets she has.
anibal%20fernandez%20asombrado.jpg

Pro won in 3 de febrero.

I said it in the other thread but "la realidad le gana al relato". Skeptics said you couldn't win with the lower classes in BA because they were bought and paid for with handouts. Supporters said that peronismo would win because its policies have helped those same poor and downtrodden.

Unkept promises, rhetoric and blaming others can only last so long. At some point the people, even the most marginalized, are going to say "Pero che, no hiciste NADA!" For a large part of Argentina that point was last night.

Were it not for the outright fraud, I think that point also came in 2013 in Venezuela. It almost came again last year in Brazil. In todays world of ubiquitous smartphones and constant access to news and data its a lot harder to piss your constituents and tell them that its raining.

A historic moment for Argentina.

I would also like to congratulate Vidal for another reason. In the lead up to now, there has been a lot of overt and implied sexism in the comments disparaging her, so I applaud her for how she, with her victory as an argentina - who did not get the job for being someone's wife -, has shut up some of the macho bullshit about Pvcia BA needing an "hombre fuerte" con "peso politico".

I have only been getting into Argentine politics recently as my Spanish has improved, so I am still a bit green on all this.

Has Macri won or as good as?
Or will Scioli still win, and this is nothing more than a bloody nose?
Why is Vidal winning so important?
Is Macri winning even a good thing?

I have only been getting into Argentine politics recently as my Spanish has improved, so I am still a bit green on all this.

Has Macri won or as good as?No but he beat all expectations and his chances look a LOT better than they did 24 hours ago.
Or will Scioli still win, and this is nothing more than a bloody nose? Scioli may still win but this is definitely more than a bloody nose
Why is Vidal winning so important? Because BA Provincia was considered a Peronist stronghold
Is Macri winning even a good thing? Not for the dollar blue

Back